LG Stylo 5 stuck on Firmware Update page. How do I bypass? Or open Android System Recovery?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I made the mistake of trying to restart my LG Stylo 5 phone and it has been stuck at 0% on the Firmware Update page for hours! Finally, I did a hard reset using VolumeDown+Power - but it keeps opening up to the Firmware Update page without actually updating (still stuck at 0%). How do I open up Android System Recovery to escape this purgatory? I tried VolumeUp+Power and nothing happened. I held it for 3 seconds And also for 5. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's Download Mode (similar to "Odin Mode" in Samsung phones). Is the phone plugged in when this is happening? If so, then it's possible that here's a problem with the Volume Up button where the system thinks it's stuck in a pressed state. See the typical steps for Download Mode here: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-stylo-5/download-mode/

You could try swabbing all around the Volume button with rubbing alcohol, in case some residue is causing the Vol Up button to be in a constantly pressed state.