LG V20 and Removable Batteries

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not just him, it's his wife's and kids and so on and so forth. Just please let the phones tablets and games work. Lol

Haha I hear that! I just got my nephew the 2017 9.7 inch iPad and added him to my VZW plan. Now the kid has unlimited wherever he goes .. Which he loves but doesn't understand fully (of course) .. All he knows is his games / Disney app videos all load even when not at home lol :p.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Haha I hear that! I just got my nephew the 2017 9.7 inch iPad and added him to my VZW plan. Now the kid has unlimited wherever he goes .. Which he loves but doesn't understand fully (of course) .. All he knows is his games / Disney app videos all load even when not at home lol :p.

It's insane. He had USB ports built into the kitchen island. But they have very few problems and to get back on topic, could care less about removable anything. More stuff to lose

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone will still work. My battery packs will be right along with me just like your removable batteries :D. I have to more so worry about hurricanes though versus earthquakes.

You'll have a different phone long before your battery goes stale.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Many note users don't get it either, but if you have a need for it you will love it... Otherwise it's just a novelty.

Mac
This. There are some who run their business on it so being able to sign documents on the fly is actually very useful.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's true, batteries WILL degrade overtime..

I popped in a used V20 battery with manufacture date 2016.09.07 and noticed the battery life was abysmal. Battery drain to 60% within a little over an hour. It is an authentic LG battery for sure as I inspected it and compared it to my original. That battery was probably a Korean V20 battery and someone used it for a while. Battery was about 9 months old. Just to give you an idea later down the road what to expect.

2017-06-24 10.14.36.jpg

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: It's true, batteries WILL degrade overtime..

Sorry, but everyone knows it is true. 😀

But 9 months only do that if the battery wasn't used correctly, keeping it too long without any charge or going through much more cycles than average.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, but everyone knows it is true. ??????

But 9 months only do that if the battery wasn't used correctly, keeping it too long without any charge or going through much more cycles than average.

Speaking experience, every Samsung flagship I've own experienced degraded batteries. My S6 Active boasted a whopping 3500mAh battery, 8 months later battery went bad and I used it like a normal person would.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, but everyone knows it is true. 😀

Speaking experience, every Samsung flagship I've own experienced degraded batteries. My S6 Active boasted a whopping 3500mAh battery, 8 months later battery went bad and I used it like a normal person would.

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Well, there are many factors such as heat and the ones I already mentioned. But a battery shouldn't degrade that much in 8 or 9 months under regular usage. You may have been unlucky.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, there are many factors such as heat and the ones I already mentioned. But a battery shouldn't degrade that much in 8 or 9 months under regular usage. You may have been unlucky.

It could be because of the wireless charging. Don't think I'll ever do wireless charging again. Battery gets hot with wireless charging.

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

It could be because of the wireless charging. Don't think I'll ever do wireless charging again. Battery gets hot with wireless charging.
Makes sense.
I never had a phone with wireless charging, can't comment on that.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Makes sense.
I never had a phone with wireless charging, can't comment on that.

I have.. And yes wireless charging does make them hot and will degrade them faster... That's why I don't care if a phone comes with it or not...

Mac

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You folks with removable, do you still use best practices for charging levels (keep it between 40% and 80% as much as possible) or do you let it drain super low before swapping or charging?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci