LG V20 and Removable Batteries

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: What are you going to do?

Agreed, keeping v20 as long as possible. More for the reason that I can't see any real reason to change. Also own phone outright. There is really nothing new that I need for the way I use my phone. I also have a drawer full of phones, don't want to add more to collection
Lots of people are going to switch, just not me.

People want the latest and greatest.. I'm glad the V20 at least has a LOT of features that will keep me satisfied for a long time, especially with the removable battery.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: What are you going to do?

I will keep my v20 as long as possible... But you have to understand we are the minority... People are very used to having phones on a payment plan... Many switch after a year.... That's just the current trend...

Very true. Phones are costing more and more. I only buy my phones outright with cash, no payment plan. They got rid of contracts but actually it's still there in a way with installment plans, they just trick you into thinking you're getting a deal but you're actually paying the phone off with the monthly service cost.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what I am going to do to be honest.

I've looked at the other cheaper mid tier and low end phones and really don't want to waste any money on these phones.

I've tried to rationalize this in every possible way and I am just stuck in my head.

The all in one solution that I have now has just spoiled me.

Mac

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what I am going to do to be honest.

I've looked at the other cheaper mid tier and low end phones and really don't want to waste any money on these phones.

I've tried to rationalize this in every possible way and I am just stuck in my head.

The all in one solution that I have now has just spoiled me.

Mac
LG phones quickly got discounts. I purchased my v20 for $400.

Similar options are the xiaomi 6 and one plus 5.

Personally I won't buy another LG and probably will go for oneplus as my next device, but only next year.

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
On Saturday night, my battery died at a concert and I very quickly went from 0% to 100% by changing the battery. A friend of mine was sitting near me and was amazed by this feat. A few hours earlier when we were driving to the show and I was telling him about my removable battery. He asked me "When are you going to get a new phone?" as if my LG V20 was an old phone. He had no idea it was only 6 months old and thought all phones with removable batteries were very old. He has been a Samsung guy for past 5 years. LG did not advertise this feature well. The funny part was his phone died the day before and he wrote down the model number to see if Verizon could sell him one.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
LG phones quickly got discounts. I purchased my v20 for $400.

Similar options are the xiaomi 6 and one plus 5.

Personally I won't buy another LG and probably will go for oneplus as my next device, but only next year.

I have no issues with buying LG products, I've got quite a few in my home, but I don't know if I will buy one without a removable battery in it. That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the G6. The other one was the missing quad Dacs.

Xiaomi isn't a brand I trust, nor is the Oneplus to be honest with you.

I just hope LG didn't kill the removable battery in the v line and everyone has gotten it wrong.. If they keep it, I'll get one and defend them doing so against any tech writer laminating this fact while promoting stupid ignorant sealed glass backed phones.

Mac

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues with buying LG products, I've got quite a few in my home, but I don't know if I will buy one without a removable battery in it. That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the G6. The other one was the missing quad Dacs.

I just hope LG didn't kill the removable battery in the v line and everyone has gotten it wrong.. If they keep it, I'll get one and defend them doing so against any tech writer laminating this fact while promoting stupid ignorant sealed glass backed phones.

Mac
I agree LG should keep the removable battery. We have plenty of options of waterproof devices.

The only hardware I would add to this device are the front facing stereo speakers. Once you have use them, bottom firing speaker became an annoyance.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
True.. My m8 had them, and my 6p did as well, so this single bottom speaker is a real annoyance. I am going to be changing it out next week when I get a little free time, hopefully that will make it a little bit better..

Mac

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mac
I have a 60 inch plasma from LG and love it (in my living room). :).

lucfig

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
TVs and other home appliances most important part is the hardware.

Smartphones are a combination of hardware and software. Personally I don't like LG software and they also have one if the worst customer service.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a 60 inch plasma from LG and love it (in my living room). :).

I kinda went all out 2 months ago when I completely upgraded my equipment in my Home Theater . I added in a 65" c OLED then had to make my wife happy got the new LG washer and gas dryer... Then dropped in a new Samsung side by side refrigerator and gas oven and their new microwave..

Mac

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The house we just bought came with an LG fridge and is about as big as you can get. It was one of the big selling points when we were first looking at the place.

adbe82c51e3e8c21b24bc8bd5e78aaf7.jpg

Though now they have a knock on see through window on their top of the line fridges. Lol

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
On Saturday night, my battery died at a concert and I very quickly went from 0% to 100% by changing the battery. A friend of mine was sitting near me and was amazed by this feat. A few hours earlier when we were driving to the show and I was telling him about my removable battery. He asked me "When are you going to get a new phone?" as if my LG V20 was an old phone. He had no idea it was only 6 months old and thought all phones with removable batteries were very old. He has been a Samsung guy for past 5 years. LG did not advertise this feature well. The funny part was his phone died the day before and he wrote down the model number to see if Verizon could sell him one.

Great story. Planning to travel to New York City next month. I'll be prepared with extra replacement batteries!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bought a used V20 battery on eBay. Manufactured on 09/2016 (about 9 months old). Battery only holds a 1 hour screen on time charge before going to 50%.

Screenshot_2017-06-27-20-18-38.jpgScreenshot_2017-06-27-20-18-29.jpgScreenshot_2017-06-27-20-18-34.jpg2017-06-27 20.38.40.jpg

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'll bite... Why would you buy a used battery on Ebay?

Mac
I'd assume it was like $2. Replacement batteries aren't very expensive, so it'd have to be an amazing low price to justify risking the unknown abuse someone else out it through. (Not only poor battery life, but could be damaged and risk fire 🔥)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hold power down. As mentioned above, phones with sealed batteries can force a hard reset. And it's quicker than a "quick battery pull." Good news, power + volume down does the same thing. No need to pull the battery.
As a previous poster mentioned it doesn't always work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick