LG V20 and Removable Batteries

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Damn, damn, damn. No more glass backs!

Goodbye LG, was nice using you for a while, V20 was excellent. You sold out. Removable batteries are great, phones shouldn't be disposable, but batteries are. Looking into a One Plus or Huawei Mate, at least metal backs are better than glass IMO.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The house we just bought came with an LG fridge and is about as big as you can get. It was one of the big selling points when we were first looking at the place.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170628/adbe82c51e3e8c21b24bc8bd5e78aaf7.jpg

Though now they have a knock on see through window on their top of the line fridges. Lol

Just bought an LG van. Great for road trips, though gas mileage sucks! Pretty good still, still has a removable battery, it should last 5 years at least before needing to swap.

20170627_083553-01.jpg

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Wow, no 2nd screen? No removable battery? They really appreciate their fans don't they? Oh right, their fans helped them fund this phone but they end up screwing their fans over in order to be mainstream. Oh well, if it's all glass, might as well go back to Samsung, especially if they aren't going to have dual pixel technology and improve their camera.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v30_midframe_reveals_wireless_charging_on_board-news-25931.php

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Goodbye LG, was nice using you for a while, V20 was excellent. You sold out. Removable batteries are great, phones shouldn't be disposable, but batteries are. Looking into a One Plus or Huawei Mate, at least metal backs are better than glass IMO.

If you like the v20, why Change?
Just curious

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you like the v20, why Change?
Just curious

I'm keeping the V20 for as long as I can until the tech becomes outdated. But future wise, I'm looking into the One Plus and Huawei series because of what they offer and also metal build. Every other flag ship is made of glass.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm keeping the V20 for as long as I can until the tech becomes outdated. But future wise, I'm looking into the One Plus and Huawei series because of what they offer and also metal build. Every other flag ship is made of glass.

I am too... Even though my v20 started acting up, dropping calls, and WiFi and the bottom speaker screeching.. I am going to get a replacement tomorrow at the corporate store. Hopefully I'll get one that works better for me this time around and if it does the same thing.. Then I can decide what I will do then.. I don't know if I will be letting it update this time around neither.. I'm on LS 997zv7 and May security patch. It didn't seem to be as bad before the last update except for the speaker issue, which I know how to fix now.

Fingers crossed

Mac

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well guys I tried to make it work but I couldn't get it to. 3 for 3 bad ones said that was time to get something else.

Even though I got a brand new one in the box I picked up a htc u 11 to use.

I'm going to miss my removable battery, quad Dacs and my frigging fm radio, but I will have to just grin and bare it.

There is some things that are better than the v20, but I am not sure about this glass back at all... I will give it a honest try and try to get used to it and see if I can actually appreciate the newness of the design...

As much as my wife and son love their s8's I just couldn't bring myself to get one. This screen isn't as radical as those are.

We'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks and report back if I keep it or not.

Mac

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well guys I tried to make it work but I couldn't get it to. 3 for 3 bad ones said that was time to get something else.

Even though I got a brand new one in the box I picked up a htc u 11 to use.

I'm going to miss my removable battery, quad Dacs and my frigging fm radio, but I will have to just grin and bare it.

There is some things that are better than the v20, but I am not sure about this glass back at all... I will give it a honest try and try to get used to it and see if I can actually appreciate the newness of the design...

As much as my wife and son love their s8's I just couldn't bring myself to get one. This screen isn't as radical as those are.

We'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks and report back if I keep it or not.

Mac

HTC 11 is a great phone, camera is one of the best. However, I don't think I'll every buy a phone without a headphone jack. As old as that tech is, I'll always still use it.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC 11 is a great phone, camera is one of the best. However, I don't think I'll every buy a phone without a headphone jack. As old as that tech is, I'll always still use it.

I know what you mean... I had to make a quick decision at the Sprint store and figured I would try this one out and see if it was worth it.

The dongle and dac sound really good to my ears and while I'm not thrilled about having to use it with my cans they sound just as good as my v20 did with it so I can't really complain about it and the supplied B&O ear buds are very good, actually much better than I thought they would be too..

It's going to be a adjustment, not having my fm radio and removable battery, but I will survive for a while. I did sign up for a Tidal subscription since Sprint was giving me a 6 month free deal so I will have to get busy downloading tunes again.

So far as far as cell signal wifi and speakers are excellent, much better than than I had, so that is a good thing..

Mac