LG v20 updates

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Having my own phone that I own is best but it sucks how the Mfg. and Carrier cant use a simple way to send security patches, as long as I have the latest OS the other critical updates are what the mfg's and carriers should care about to keep things safe!

Oh well this will never change unless I go to apple which I cant dooooooooooooo the evil fruit company even though they handle things so much better than every other mfg in my eyes!

It might get better. Android is going to become more modular in future releases, starting with Project Treble ( full details for my fellow geeks: https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/05/here-comes-treble-modular-base-for.html ).

Gist is that the hardware drivers and foundation stuff will become separate from the actual OS and not need to be changed as often when a new Android version or patch comes out. That should make it easier for manufacturers and carriers to absorb Android fixes into their versions with less need to test it out on every possible hardware configuration.

Those from the 80s and 90s will remember when the concept of modular video, audio, and other drivers came out in Windows. This is basically that, finally happening in the mobile space.

Apple iOS solves the problem by only allowing one manufacturer to make hardware. That keeps things a "little" simpler, but obviously your choices are somewhat narrower. :)

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just pulled down a V20 UPDATE for AT&T ....still updating. Waiting to see what it is and how big....Finally.......

All that for an August Security Update...no new version....I repeat, no new version, Stand Down :D...still on Nougat 7.0

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Just pulled down a V20 UPDATE for AT&T ....still updating. Waiting to see what it is and how big....Finally.......

All that for an August Security Update...no new version....I repeat, no new version, Stand Down :D...still on Nougat 7.0

I got the notification too, but i was out so I dismissed it. Now I can't get it back even when I go to settings and check for updates

Hugh McGuinness

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
I bought the LG v20 H990DS at the end of September after a lot of research on wide array of smartphones as its seems to be the best for under £270, it was between the v20 or the ZTE Axon 7 but the axon 7 just lost out due to the updates. I have just updated to security patch September 2017. I did an antutu benchmark and it got over 148000, well impressed. The camera is very good and the audio is even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana