LG V30 Pre-installed Apps (Can't Remove or Disable)

Steve Tyburski1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I just tried to uninstall the native calendar and text app, and uninstall is def greyed out. To be honest, I found the V30 quite free of bloat. Even in my ATT branded version, much of their crap was not preloaded, and anything that was, was easily disabled.

Ill third that..at&t model very light on bloat. A few games that i was able to uninstall and maybe 2 other apps. Suprised at&t carrier models usually loaded with bloat.......s7 active was loaded.

theragtopman

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
LG Package Disabler works great! I bought it for my V30 and disabled a bunch of LG and Verizon apps and I've never had a phone look so clean! It's too bad we can't uninstall those apps, but with 64GB of RAM, we have a lot more room now. Heck, I've got my V30 cleaner than my Pixel was this past year as it still had a few apps the couldn't be uninstalled or disabled and it supposedly has the least bloatware of any phone. The app is definitely worth the couple bucks the developer charges. ??????

wildcrd007

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
theragtopman have you tried disabling the mcafee app as well with the LG Package Disabler? This is what I'm waiting to find out before I get the V30.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
theragtopman have you tried disabling the mcafee app as well with the LG Package Disabler? This is what I'm waiting to find out before I get the V30.

I have the Verizon V30, what mcafee app are you talking about? I don't see it in the application list.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Def tried but couldn't make it happen. My impression was my PC model was newer, therefore not compatible. Was having trouble w/ the steps overall.
There's at least one article floating around detailing how to do this. Maybe another set of instructions would be helpful?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Try the built in "smart cleaning" app.
It seems to have removed some of the bloatware during the "remove apps not used in the last 30 days".

Note: Just because the list of apps does not have a scrollbar, do not assume the list is short!
Ask me how I know.... :-(

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I looked at package disabler is more hassle to use than it used to be and I stopped reading the package owner instructions when it said I had to remove all of my accounts.

I went with the adb and pm uninstall command route coupled with run in background ignore for some other stuff. Compared to a Samsung there really is not that much to remove, think I only removed/disabled 6 or 7 things.