LG V30 Pre-installed Apps (Can't Remove or Disable)

VinnieDaArm

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm new to LG phones. Tried going back to iPhone 7+, no thanks. I'm done with it. I had Nexus 6P in the past.

What is confusing me is that you can't uninstall the LG apps. I like to use other stuff (say Google apps or things like Textra). I've read that you can't uninstall Samsung or LG apps on their phones, but you can disable them.

The Disable button is grayed out so I can't disable them either.

That means I have two of everything running, eating memory, CPU, and space.

I cannot root as corporate policy won't let me connect if I do.

Anyone know of ways around this on the V30? I've read that it worked on older phones.

Many thanks,

Vince

Last edited:

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

I just tried to uninstall the native calendar and text app, and uninstall is def greyed out. To be honest, I found the V30 quite free of bloat. Even in my ATT branded version, much of their crap was not preloaded, and anything that was, was easily disabled.

Gremmward

May 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

I use Textra, and have not had any issues with memory/CPU/slowing down. I think these phones now are able to handle running the extra messaging app without issue. O know in the back of my mind it bugs me that it's running, but I also know it's not going to drain the battery or system down enough to ruin the fun.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
re:

Once you choose a different app for default such as textra over LG messaging app, the LG app no longer runs.. At least that's how it is on my g6 for both calendar and messaging

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

Isn't there an app available to allow you to disable apps like this? I know there is on my Samsung, and I think I've seen it referred to for LG.

VinnieDaArm

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
re:

I can tell you that I've added Google's default apps, plus Textra and changed the defaults for all of them in Android. The Disable button is still grayed out on every LG app. And they do run. I even went to the trouble of going into each and every app and removing any settings like Drawer painting over top, storage, permissions, etc. If I go into Developer Tools and look at running processes... they run. Sad Panda. The memory and CPU actually adds up over time.

VinnieDaArm

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
re:

Thanks. I'm going to try that. I still wish the normal "Disable" button worked, but it looks like this might be a good (albeit $1.99) workaround. Thanks!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
re:

LG package disabler installed and looks like it will work swimmingly.... just have to figure out all the cryptic names for the LG apps to know what to disable!

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re:

I just tried to uninstall the native calendar and text app, and uninstall is def greyed out. To be honest, I found the V30 quite free of bloat. Even in my ATT branded version, much of their crap was not preloaded, and anything that was, was easily disabled.

I'll second that. On my AT&T version, I went to uninstall all the apps I would never use and was confused when there was only a few apps. Very minimal bloatware

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re:

I'd love to know if this works on the V30. The only thing holding me back from getting the V30 on Verizon is not being able to uninstall the bloatware (NFL mobile, etc...).
Can't say for V30, but it does work for my V20. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't also work for the V30.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re:

I'd love to know if this works on the V30. The only thing holding me back from getting the V30 on Verizon is not being able to uninstall the bloatware (NFL mobile, etc...).
I can't say for sure, but on my Verizon Note 8 I was able to delete NFL Mobile and all the games and several other preinstalled apps. I assume you can do the same thing on the Verizon V30.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I can't say for sure, but on my Verizon Note 8 I was able to delete NFL Mobile and all the games and several other preinstalled apps. I assume you can do the same thing on the Verizon V30.

You can disable NFL Mobile, not delete. You can delete the preloaded games though.

VinnieDaArm

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Well done, MDMcAtee and SIKRIK. LG Package Disabler Pro did the trick. Worked awesome. Takes a bit of time to know what you can and shouldn't disable... but it's really nice not having that extra crap running. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201