Question Link2SD - Game ignores binded data after link

Jun 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone, I use Link2SD Plus because my phone only has 64gb internal memory, with the help of my 128gb SD card, I don't do anything fancy like creating a second partition, I simply link the game DATA FOLDER (where applicable) to my SD card on the first partition then play flawlessly

Now here's the issue, I recently flashed my device clean and upgraded from Android 11 to 12, The game in question is Genshin Impact, I downloaded and installed the game files on my internal storage, I linked the data folder to my SD card, I launch the game and everything should be up and running but instead, it starts downloading the game's data all over again, this never happens unless I forget to bind the data folders stored on my SD card.

I tried linking the base game and then installing the data, but that didn't work, I'm at a loss for what to do. Is there any way to resolve this? Or perhaps there's a better tool than Link2SD out there?

Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse) MIUI 14.0.3 rooted with magisk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you've pointed out a few issues that need resolved.

Why did you flash your device? Did you do this because otherwise you would not have been able to get Android 12?

Where did you get your flash process and Android 12? Are you certain these were for your specific device?

Is the Link2SD app compatible with Android 12?

Is your device compatible with Android 12?

I feel like these last 2 are your issue. Either the device or the app is not compatible with A12 or one or the other is not compatible with this new ROM. ROMs don't have the same backing as official versions so things can be missed or go untested. There are any number of reasons that there might be a conflict between ROM and device.

You might want to look for answers or help where you found your ROM or at XDA Developers, a web forum for Android enthusiast who do a lot more with rooting and ROMs.

Best wishes

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Jun 12, 2024
Visit site
Ok, you've pointed out a few issues that need resolved.

Why did you flash your device? Did you do this because otherwise you would not have been able to get Android 12?

Where did you get your flash process and Android 12? Are you certain these were for your specific device?

Is the Link2SD app compatible with Android 12?

Is your device compatible with Android 12?

I feel like these last 2 are your issue. Either the device or the app is not compatible with A12 or one or the other is not compatible with this new ROM. ROMs don't have the same backing as official versions so things can be missed or go untested. There are any number of reasons that there might be a conflict between ROM and device.

You might want to look for answers or help where you found your ROM or at XDA Developers, a web forum for Android enthusiast who do a lot more with rooting and ROMs.

Best wishes
I had hard-bricked my device that was on miui 12.5.2 Android 11, I decided I might as well flash the latest stock ROM and upgrade to Android 12.

I'm not entirely sure if my device is compatible with Android 12, everything seemed fine until I tried to link my app data to external storage via link2sd.

Link2sd is a very old app, I'm pretty sure it has no support today, but I was enjoying the app data link functionality back when I was on miui 12.5.2 Android 11, the app is useless on Android 12, it'll apparently link my game files to the external memory and as I explained in the post, the game doesn't recognize any of it, idk if Fbind will work nor do I know how to use it.

I just downgraded to miui 12.5.7, Android 11, trying out Link2sd and things are starting to look grim. Maybe I have to downgrade to miui 12.5.2 for it to work.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After I payed I started thinking that since it's root you could probably go back. I guess the way to know if your device is compatible with A12 would be if there was ever an official OTA for it. If not then likely not. I know these aren't perfect answers but check it XDA, those folks over there know a lot about root maybe they could suggest other options even outside of Link2SD.

Funny story, off topic, I just realized when I wrote Link2SD that it's a link to an SD. I was reading it differently and not taking it literally. Hahaha.

Alright, let us know how your resolve this.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Jun 12, 2024
Visit site
After I payed I started thinking that since it's root you could probably go back. I guess the way to know if your device is compatible with A12 would be if there was ever an official OTA for it. If not then likely not. I know these aren't perfect answers but check it XDA, those folks over there know a lot about root maybe they could suggest other options even outside of Link2SD.

Funny story, off topic, I just realized when I wrote Link2SD that it's a link to an SD. I was reading it differently and not taking it literally. Hahaha.

Alright, let us know how your resolve this.
I flashed my device multiple times recently, I want to try re-formatting the SD card

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kulog1