Little help how is everyones call quality?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
When I am talking on the phone I can hear like idk how to explain it, like a kinda buzz from the speaker when talking on it. Like the speaker is up to loud but the actual voice doesn't sound that loud its just certain tones make it kinda vibrate the speaker. Does this make any sense to anyone? or Should I try to explain it better?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Am not sure exactly what u are trying to explain. Try lowering volume a little

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Like speaker is up to loud, so the speaker is vibrating and kinda ringing but the actual voice on the other end isn't that loud. Turning it down seems to not help.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine's fine. I'm not having that issue. I had bad sound on the Tbolt I returned, yet many people here reported flawless call quality. You can try returning it and hoping for a better unit.

yellowsun

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I did a little research and ended up following the instructions pasted below. It helped, though still not perfect. The hissing/buzzing was driving me crazy enough that I was ready to return the phone, which I absolutely love otherwise.

I included the link to the actual post, but I don't know if I inserted it correctly. If the link doesn't work just search the Thunderbolt forum for "hissing during call."

I hope this helps.

Dial ##7764726. (Spells program) Go to "Nam cdma setting" Scroll down to "preferred voice service" (there's 3 entries) Change them all to evrc-b Hit menu and commit changes.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/74373-finally-got-rid-hissing-during-call.html

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. I did a little research and ended up following the instructions pasted below. It helped, though still not perfect. The hissing/buzzing was driving me crazy enough that I was ready to return the phone, which I absolutely love otherwise.

I included the link to the actual post, but I don't know if I inserted it correctly. If the link doesn't work just search the Thunderbolt forum for "hissing during call."

I hope this helps.

Dial ##7764726. (Spells program) Go to "Nam cdma setting" Scroll down to "preferred voice service" (there's 3 entries) Change them all to evrc-b Hit menu and commit changes.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/74373-finally-got-rid-hissing-during-call.html

did that get rid of it for you?

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
It also could be a bad unit, I agree with some others, the call quality on this phone is amazing - people sound so clear...

jerrsun

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem as the OP and the fix does seem to improve the quality a little, its not perfect but there still is some slight hissing at the lowest call volume. At higher call volume setting it is a lot more noticable.

oh and btw the password is 00000

jerrsun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandiwagner