Live Wallpaper and Nexus Lock for ROOTED users

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't already, grab the newest ROM out there for the Eris, 0_3.zip.

After doing so, you can download and flash this patch which will give your Eris LIVE WALLPAPER and the NEXUS LOCKSCREEN. I have the patch and personally I prefer sense because it has 7 homescreens, but the LWP's run smooth and the Nexus Lock is really cool. Highly Recommend:

Live Wallpaper & Nexus Lock Screen Patch Download - xda-developers

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well the LWP is pretty self explanatory. Here is nexus lock:
,4-9-237321-3.jpg

If your worried about not liking it, create a nand backup before you install. If you don't like it, restore from that same backup.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well the LWP is pretty self explanatory. Here is nexus lock:
,4-9-237321-3.jpg

If your worried about not liking it, create a nand backup before you install. If you don't like it, restore from that same backup.

whats so great about it

by the way is there a general root wiki page or something that just tells the things you can do with root?

Last edited:

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well, I like it alot because it unlocks much smoother than the HTC lock screen, it is more Iphone style. I just find it much more appealing and easier to use. As for a page on what to do with root, I don't know. You can always just play around with it and if things go wrong just do a recovery.

dandaman96

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
When you installed the patch, did you have to do anything special to get the N1 lock screen? I followed the how to, I have the N1 launcher, and live wall papers, but no lock screen...

dandaman96

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
FYI... per the reply on xda, the latest version posted (v1.2 - launcher2lwp.zip 2-22-2010) does NOT have the N1 lock screen included. The video in the xda post and the pictures here show the lock screen, but it is not included in the downloadable zip.

The v1.2 - launcher2lwp.zip 2-22-2010 zip only includes the N1 home screen/launcher. Which I was not a huge fan of. I prefer Sense. I did really like the live wall papers that came with the N1 home screen/launcher. But, it seemed as if my phone was slightly sluggish when running this, and I prefer the function of a speedy phone over the cool factor of live wall papers.

AFAIK, there is NO WAY TO UNINSTALL. I could very well be wrong on this, but this was my impression. I would highly suggest creating a nand backup prior to flashing either of these zips. That way, if you don't like them (which I found I didn't in the case of the launcher), you can revert back to your nand backup.

There was a link provided to the lockscreen in the xda thread. And it is amazing! I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

From the xda thread...

The Nexus One Lock Screen:

http://www.thefuzz4.net/home/AndroidPhones/Eris/HowToRootYourHTCEris/Howtoremovetheerislockscreen.aspx

Last edited:

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
what is recovery and how do I use it? I'm new to the android world and recently rooted my DROID Eris to 2.1 but I have no roms I would like to find a site that would give tutorials on this kinda of stuff.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah there is no way to uninstall, but why would you when you have a backup to revert to lol

i tried the nexus one lock and i hated it. the htc gives you more room to be less precise to unlock. plus the vibrate after it unlocks is annoying. i reverted to a backup.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
guys ive had an eris for like 2 weeks so be kind. im trying to get the screen lock with the dotted sequence you have to zig zag through. do you have to be rooted? i know you do to obtain the live wallpapers. the one pictured above is not the one in mind. i just did thwe manual update like 2 days ago so im running 2.1 fyi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhand