Loading Apps in the Bionic SD card

bullydogger

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to download new apps form the market into the SD card instead of it going into the system memory in the Bionic. Appreciate any help.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this seems to be the biggest widespead bug with the Bionic and one that should be easily fixable with an update. I does bother me that something like this made it through their testing. Don't these people actually use their phones during testing?

Seriously though, most apps are only a few megs so you could have over 1000 apps in the storage before you ran into problems. As the other poster said though, apps are getting bigger all the time and 4 gigs might not seem that big in 2 years.

Well it isn't like that OG Droid camera bug lol? I heard it was terrible. There will always be bugs with any early adopters of any smartphone, no matter who makes it. This thing has surprisingly less bugs than most smartphones though, a lot that can be fixed with software updates.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok..... Why would you want to do this, do you really see yourself using up 16 Gigs of storage with apps that normally only use a couple of megs per app.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok..... Why would you want to do this, do you really see yourself using up 16 Gigs of storage with apps that normally only use a couple of megs per app.

Actually only 4GB is allocated for apps. That said, 4 gigs is a LOT of space! Don't worry about moving the apps for now. This seems to be a universal bug and I am sure there will be a fix for it.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It may seem like a lot of space for now, but that's what I though two years ago with the OG Droid. But as time goes on, and phones get faster with better processing power, the size of the apps I'm sure will get bigger and space becomes an issue down the road.

I'm able to deal with things for now, but I hope they address this issue before my Netflix or Adobe Flash player becomes 100 MB or 1 GB in size :p

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
It may seem like a lot of space for now, but that's what I though two years ago with the OG Droid. But as time goes on, and phones get faster with better processing power, the size of the apps I'm sure will get bigger and space becomes an issue down the road.

I'm able to deal with things for now, but I hope they address this issue before my Netflix or Adobe Flash player becomes 100 MB or 1 GB in size :p

Yeah, I hear you, but I am pretty confident that this issue will be addressed with an update. Don't let me down Moto!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I hear you, but I am pretty confident that this issue will be addressed with an update. Don't let me down Moto!

This seems to be a pretty terrible bug, I would expect Motorola to fix it soon, as this is a high end, flagship device.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be a pretty terrible bug, I would expect Motorola to fix it soon, as this is a high end, flagship device.

Yeah, this seems to be the biggest widespead bug with the Bionic and one that should be easily fixable with an update. I does bother me that something like this made it through their testing. Don't these people actually use their phones during testing?

Seriously though, most apps are only a few megs so you could have over 1000 apps in the storage before you ran into problems. As the other poster said though, apps are getting bigger all the time and 4 gigs might not seem that big in 2 years.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
^ Completely agree. I have no idea how this wasn't picked up during testing phase...especially with how long this device took to hit the streets. But of course I'm not a tester or a programmer so not quite sure how the process actually works.