Lock Screen Freezes. are you having this issue?

Tim Clark

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i have had my GS4 for maybe 3 weeks now and for some reason once every 3 days the lock screen wont let me swipe to open it. i have to pull down the tab and go into settings. oddly enough, widgest on the screen work (like music) but JUST the lock wont unlock. is anyone having this issue? i have not seen any post about this on the internet, i would like to see who all is having this issue. i really dont want to send in my phone and get a refurbished one if its just a simple software glitch.

anything helps, Thanks.

lynn02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had that problem too. I just restart it and it seems good to go for a bit. I'm not rooted. I've also noticed that the lock icon also shrinks instead of the icon being full size.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
on my rooted 32GB S4 the lock screen will sometimes stall, that is swiping it will bring up a picture frame box on the lock screen instead of opening the lock screen. Simply swiping from some other part of the lock screen outside the picture frame opens the lock screen as normal. Doesn't always happen though so I am guessing the randomness indicates a software issue not a hardware issue.

Jim New England

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. If you swipe down on the lock screen (I've been doing it accidentally), the lock screen double locks and you can't swipe side to side to unlock it. In order to unlock the double lock, you have to swipe up and then swipe to the side. I hope that helps.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me I am not rooted what I did was get all lock screen widgets off the lock screen. That will for sure make the lock screen lag.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same issue. Fixed after I deleted the advance task manager/killer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I am standing here with a dumb look on my face. What exactly is "advance task manager/killer" and where is it located?

horsepow3r

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

This fixed my problem with not being able to unlock the screen after a quick lock, then unlock. Or after hanging up a call on Bluetooth, then trying to unlock the screen. You could swipe that sucker all you wanted, but it was not unlocking. Thank you!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. If you swipe down on the lock screen (I've been doing it accidentally), the lock screen double locks and you can't swipe side to side to unlock it. In order to unlock the double lock, you have to swipe up and then swipe to the side. I hope that helps.

I think that's a totally separate issue from what others are reporting here...but to clarify, I believe when you swipe down from near the top, you are expanding the widget...now when you swipe or press in that area, you are interacting with the widget, not the lock screen. If you swipe it back up, it goes back to normal. I always thought this was missing some sort of "lock widgets" setting where you would no longer have to deal with this...

Anyways, I have had the lock screen freeze a few times - not common at all - but I found my way out of it by using the notification bar pulldown as others mentioned.

Mike Zumbrun

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My brother would have the same problem with his S4 Active, he would have to double press the home key to get the screen to unlock by opening the Voice commands.

The new guy

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Can someone help me, whenever I turn on my phone, the lock screen it frozen (by the way, I have a password).i can't type in my password or go to take a picture or even go to my emergency calls :'( I don't know what to do, I can't find a rid or a website that can fix this and I really don't want to get a a new phone because of the problem.

fshykot

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Turn off all securities! And don't lose your phone! You are welcome...

Hi I tried factory reset this morning but after the factory reset I still have that problem on my Note edge. I don't know what to do please help . . . In fact, I don't have any security option enabled. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss