Logitech's Google TV box questions??

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm not really sure how I missed that post on the AC home when I have you linked to my Feedr lol. But thanks. That helped a little bit but I'm still unsure of how the UI is going to fully function and whether its going to be able to replace my GARBAGE time warner set top box. I hate that thing. The video shows the Google tv working WITH the dish box and not instead of it.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes - my understanding is that this will work in conjunction with your current cable/dish box/dvr not replace it.

Plug this inline between your cable box and your TV

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It won't replace your cable box, not the products available at launch anyway. I don't think Google wants to deal with the CableCARD headache Tivo has.....

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It won't replace your cable box, not the products available at launch anyway. I don't think Google wants to deal with the CableCARD headache Tivo has.....

i have a time warner digital cable box made by scientific atlantic and i often find myself wanting to kill something after using it every day.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i have a time warner digital cable box made by scientific atlantic and i often find myself wanting to kill something after using it every day.

I'm right there with you, I have a Tivo Premiere because I can't stand the Motorola boxes Comcast uses. I really hope Google can help move them forward.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hum... depending on the price point of these Google TV boxes it might be cheaper to just go and get a small laptop/netbook, get a wireless keyboard and mouse to go with it and hook a HDMI cable between it and the TV and have the laptop act as the "google tv" box. Just a thought.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you, I have a Tivo Premiere because I can't stand the Motorola boxes Comcast uses. I really hope Google can help move them forward.

yeah i hope so too because the technology that cable companies are using now is $hit straight from like 8 years ago. Its ridiculous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik