Lollipop Animations and Colours: Yay or Nay?

Lollipop visuals: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

Cheewii Poon

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
What do you think purely of Android Lollipop's new visuals (animations, colours, icons etc.) esp. after seeing the screencaps from the updated preview?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Loving the new UI. It is much more polished than previous versions of android. Not that they were ugly like any other OEM skin.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Like the animations. Not so much the colors though. For example when battery saver is on your notification bar and nav buttons turn orange... Bright orange...

Posted via the Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Not being able to see battery percentage until you pull down is stupid but overall it looks OK to me

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

utopiate

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I hate what they have done to the google now launcher, app tray opens up with this horrid white background. Installed Nova for the time being. Aside from that 5.0 is looking good.

nxbilly88

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
i like it. looks great.

one thing that bothers me is the amount of white backgrounds. for example settings and app tray. it's OK but .... for some reason just bothers me. reminds me a little of iOS since....7.0?? i don't know.

apart from that it looks amazing.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Not being able to see battery percentage until you pull down is stupid but overall it looks OK to me

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

Loving 5.0 but above is very true, why not just add the option for users to see battery like on iOS? I dont get the deal here, its something a lot of users want but they keep passing on it.

Andy Foulds

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Liking the animations, not so the colours. I liked the dark backgrounds, which I'd imagine were also more battery-friendly.
Why no options for light/dark theme or ability to select our own colours? One of the reasons I prefer Android over iOS is it's customisability but this feels very proscriptive, more like Apple!

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
My vote is "Yea" (not "Yay," by the way).

I do wish a dark theme were available as an option. Other than that, I'm very happy with the Lollipop interface.

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be great if the OS allowed you to choose a color to replace mint? They could add some dusty rose color and take us right back to the nineties home decor fad color scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463