Looking at the Nexus 9 tablet,, Interest seems to be fading a bit ,,

genesis9779

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
So it seems to me that the excitement and enthusiasm with regards to the tablet is fading fast,, I am wanting one but I don't want to invest in a sinking ship,, I am wondering is there any plans for Google to install the most up to date version of Marshmallow and release this device with it installed?? Seems like that would fix a lot of there problems.. The lag and touch screen response issues are very concerning to me,, I would like to here from current owners and see what your feeling about it ,,

What other tablet is being considered in a replacement for this one.. I don't mind paying more for a really good device ,, But if it is going to perform like a $150 device that is all I want to invest in one,, Thanks for your thoughts ,,,

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think you're being influenced to much by the negative posts. It wonder if you've been hands on with an N9. Firstly, this isn't close to being a $150 tablet. It's specs alone put it far above that price point. Any N9 you get now will be immediately upgraded to MM 6.01 immediately on setup, so don't worry about the current software on the device. This is a very capable tablet. I just upgraded to this from an N7 2013, mainly because I wanted a larger screen. It is not perfect, but I'm not disappointed.

All that said, I would not buy this at list price or near. It was even overpriced at launch. I waited for a good Amazon warehouse deal before I pulled the trigger. I'm very happy with it.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the software on the tablet after marshmallow 6.0.1 and will continue to get support for google for atleast another 2 years. Speed still on par with 2015 devices and from my experience, battery is better than my 6p, note 4 and came close to my droid turbo. Still a very good buy

Posted via the Android Central App

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So it seems to me that the excitement and enthusiasm with regards to the tablet is fading fast,, I am wanting one but I don't want to invest in a sinking ship,, I am wondering is there any plans for Google to install the most up to date version of Marshmallow and release this device with it installed?? Seems like that would fix a lot of there problems.. The lag and touch screen response issues are very concerning to me,, I would like to here from current owners and see what your feeling about it ,,

What other tablet is being considered in a replacement for this one.. I don't mind paying more for a really good device ,, But if it is going to perform like a $150 device that is all I want to invest in one,, Thanks for your thoughts ,,,
Mine has Marshmallow 6.01. What's the difference if it's pre-installed or loaded via OTA as long as it's there?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This tablet is not a sinking ship. There are lemons out there, as there are with any device no matter who makes it. I've had mine for over a year and it's still awesome. No hiccups. Smooth operating. Great graphics. Timely updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had one last year which I had to return because of light bleed. It was the best tablet I'd used, actively looking for a replacement now, at the right price.