Looking for a bookshelf app

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is more for the upcoming tablets than my phone, but I was doing some looking and coming up blank. One thing that the iPad has that I like is iBooks. Not necessarily for all its functionality, but what I need it for is the ability to load up my PDF books (technical manuals, etc) and have it on a "bookshelf". With iBooks you can make multiple shelves and organize it that way. I can have one shelf for IBM manuals, one shelf for BMC, etc.

Is there an existing android app that will do something similar? Doesn't even have to be free as long as it suits my needs. I have been tryign to look abd not really found anything yet.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i actually didn't know you could do that on the iPad...that does sound nice.

I know Aldiko has a bookshelf looking part of the app but I don't know if you can customize it.

mrtommy03

May 10, 2011
Visit site
This is more for the upcoming tablets than my phone, but I was doing some looking and coming up blank. One thing that the iPad has that I like is iBooks. Not necessarily for all its functionality, but what I need it for is the ability to load up my PDF books (technical manuals, etc) and have it on a "bookshelf". With iBooks you can make multiple shelves and organize it that way. I can have one shelf for IBM manuals, one shelf for BMC, etc.

Is there an existing android app that will do something similar? Doesn't even have to be free as long as it suits my needs. I have been tryign to look abd not really found anything yet.

Did you ever find an answer to this? I have been looking for the same thing. Funny you mentioned IBM, I actually work for IBM. But not only would I like to see PDF's (like the iPad), but also Word Documents. Let me know if you find anything.