Looking for a new tablet

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang,
I'm looking for the latest and greatest, and was wondering if anyone had experience with:

1. A smaller tablet
2. Must have 4G
3. Must be able to be used as a hotspot.
4. Any carrier
5. I'd prefer to stay away from IOS products

I haven't owned a 4G tablet, so I'm looking for opinions. Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk

Lukashenko

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Try Nexus 7, maybe that would do for you. I have a N7 (wifi version) and I loved it. Its smooth and the screen looks awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you have hotspot on your phone there really isn't a need for 4G on the tablet. That is what I do with the new Nexus 7.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is by far the best small tablet thou can get right now, but I believe it's only got HSPA (fast 3G) available, not true 4G (LTE). Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

That said your real-world speeds with HSPA+ will probably be more than adequate and close to what you'd get on AT&Ts LTE anyway.

May in ask why you want to use the tablet as a hotspot? Most people use their phones for that...

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
May in ask why you want to use the tablet as a hotspot? Most people use their phones for that...

Long story short: I lost my Galaxy SII. Was forced to activate an old dumb phone until my contract runs out in 9 months. A tablet seems like the best option right now since I don't necessarily have to be locked into a contract. Plus, I prefer tablets over phones, since the eyesight is going.

Dude1134

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Then I suggest Nexus 7. I have the WiFi version and like everyone else says it is great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a non iOS 4g tablet that's in the 7.x inch size right now?

(I'm British btw... We barely have any 4g right now :))

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums