Looking for an upgrade from the Droid Turbo.. Still can't seem to find a decent, modern phone?!

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I still have my original (and my brother's) original Droid Turbo Black Ballistic Nylon 64...The only issue now is the battery had gone belly up in mine, so I moved to my brothers...If Certified Motorola Centers still exist, there aren't any near me, but a local shop can replace the battery for approximately $100.00...I am in the same boat as many here...This phone is a workhorse, takes abuse, but it still keeps on going...It is also paid off, and I dread having another monthly payment for a new, inferior phone...So 2 questions...I haven't been able to find anything with near the specs on this in a reasonable price range...and 2, since I am no longer a "contract" verizon customer (prepaid was a better deal), is there any way to upgrade Android on this phone?...I currently have version 6.0.1...

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Dude! Replace the whole screen assembly, it's not all that difficult. Watch a few how-to vids on the subject, and do it yourself. Replace the battery, too, while apart, with an aftermarket one. Unlock the bootloader with Sunshine, flash the TWRP recovery, load up the latest Resurrection Remix Pie, and you'll have a good phone for a few more years, until all the 5G crap is sorted.

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Is the Samsung Galaxy S10e a worthy adversary of the Turbo? Similar in size and the newer phone performance is stout. Is the phone radio and wifi receivers on the S10e good? My Turbo would receive calls and connect thru wifi where many other phones could not. Can anyone compare battery life, as some say the S10e is really good and some say it's crap? Battery life is relative to indiv usage habits. My Turbo is still going but getting really wonky lately, dropped calls, muted calls, missed or delayed mms/sms, battery perf is inconsistent, etc. Over the last couple months, something causes the battery to discharge rapidly and heat up. Like posters here, looking for a new phone but none worthy as I see. Don't want a tablet hanging out of my back pocket.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello