Looking for dual sim android phone

Haole Boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Aloha. I"m getting tired of my Pixel4 and am looking for a new Android based phone. Just a few basic requirements

1. Dual SIM (can be a regular SIM plus an eSIM)
  2. Ability to set separate ringtone for each SIM
  3. Ability to set separate notification tone for texts on each SIM
  4. Regular (multi-times per year) security software updates
  5. US Warranty (bought a dual line phone with no US warranty, it died after 1 month. I'm out $700
  6. Compatible with AT&T

I really like that the Pixel gets regular updates, but the inability to set separate ringtones and notification sounds is aggravating. Also, the battery dies too quickly.

I've read a few "best dual sim phones" reviews, but none of them mention the separate ringtones or regular maintenance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Harry Z

Haole Boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanx for moving this. When I created this post I did not see the buyers forum.

And, unfortunately, the Pixel phones, while supported dual SIMs, do not provide separate ringtones for each SIM. This is available on every other dual sim phone I can find, and I'm quite baffled that it's not available on the Pixel phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanx for moving this. When I created this post I did not see the buyers forum.

And, unfortunately, the Pixel phones, while supported dual SIMs, do not provide separate ringtones for each SIM. This is available on every other dual sim phone I can find, and I'm quite baffled that it's not available on the Pixel phones.
Your welcome!

Yeah not sure why not on pixels, Samsung you would need a Note 20U on Tmobile at the moment to get esim as only international versions have dual. Leaves One Plus global device but not sure if it works well on Att , not sure for lg and Motorola in the US .

Haole Boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanx again for the reply.

Do any of the phones you mentioned get regular (e.g.: 3 - 4 times / year) security updates? My Samsung seems to be once a year (maybe).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanx again for the reply.

Do any of the phones you mentioned get regular (e.g.: 3 - 4 times / year) security updates? My Samsung seems to be once a year (maybe).
Samsung gets monthly security updates , which Samsung device? One plus is quarterly on 1+7 and below , probably 1+8 and 1+9 get it sooner..

Haole Boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
OK, Thanx. They've improved since my last Samsung phone 3 years ago. I'll take a look at what's available and post back here if I have questions.

Haole Boy

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Well, I bought the A52 5G dual-sim. Only to find out that the dual sim functionality is not available currently and will be provided via a software update in the future. No one at Samsung support seems to know about this, or have a date when it will be available. I'm going to create a new thread so that this info is more easily found by someone searching.

Thanx for your assistance!