Looking for tablets for kids

pmccloud

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We currently have a Nook HD+ that my kids love to play games on. Unfortunately, there are three of them, and one Nook. I would like to get three tablets so they can each have one, but I would like to find something as budget friendly as possible.

I have 4 year old twins and a 2 year old, so they don't need to be high end devices, but durable and able to run at least a somewhat recent version of Android.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, including used ones that can be found for a good deal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could always get something like a Hisense Sero 7, which generally gets good reviews. This isn't the HD version, but should be fine for a kid's use. You'd probably want to buy a separate case.

jlg234

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is probably too late for the originator of the post but for others interested there are several apps that will lockup your tablet and allow you the parent to grant access to kid friendly apps on your tab as well as giving them access to kid friendly web sites and other activities. The child cannot break out of this mode unless they have the password. Even adds within a accepted app will not be allowed to link to their hosting site. powering off/on of the tablet will just bring you back into the kid mode. Some of these apps require total web access to work while others will allow the local apps to run but access to their web service won't. This allows you to use the tab away from your WiFi source.

I have used KIDOZ and another company is Zoodles. Some options may require a purchase subscription for their access but there is still plenty of free options to use and parents can usually setup different profiles for each child.

You still have to provide an in expensive tablet hopefully with a gel-cover.

Jlg234