Looking to buy a launcher

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am a huge fan of LauncherPro but I get all the functionality I want from it on just the free version. I don't really care for the widgets in the + version. I wanted LauncherPro for the dock, & home screen preview function only. The free version gives me both of those.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
On the LP+ app drawer, at least it lets you hide apps that you don't want to show. All the apps that I access through my homepages I hide in the app drawer to keep it cleaned up.

Adw ex allows you to do this. As a matter of fact ex allows you to do everything lpp does sans widgets and custom dock backgrounds, but the transition options available are worth it

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had LP+ and loved it but recently had a lot of force closes. Several a day and so I uninstalled and am now trying ADW and so far so good.

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm for Launcher Pro Plus, but thats just my personal choice. I have been using it solely for a few months and love it! Really looking forward to the upcoming release!! You can evaluate both I believe before purchasing so you can decide what fits your tastes better. I know the free version of LPP does not let you resize widgets but other than that I think it's fully functional.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Adw blows launchwr pro out of water and I personally donated to launcher pro to help development going because I like it enough.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am a huge fan of LauncherPro but I get all the functionality I want from it on just the free version. I don't really care for the widgets in the + version. I wanted LauncherPro for the dock, & home screen preview function only. The free version gives me both of those.
The Calendar and People widgets in LP+ alone make it worth buying.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I own both and both are nice but right now ADW Launcher EX has stepped up their game so I had to go for it and I really like it.

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've heard people say that, but really don't use that many widgets. It keeps my DX fast & the battery from draining quicker.

What is draining your X so quickly? I use a ton of widgets including most LPP ones on seven screens, no extended battery, and I get a full 16 hours of moderate use. Mine is so fast.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What is draining your X so quickly? I use a ton of widgets including most LPP ones on seven screens, no extended battery, and I get a full 16 hours of moderate use. Mine is so fast.

I didn't mean widgets are draining my battery quickly, I just meant that they do use battery. I only use 3 screens and very few widgets. I do have the extended battery and with moderate/heavy use I only have to charge every other day..even then my battery is usually just 30-20%.

I just like a non cluttered screen.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't buy one! Go launcher is the best of all of them. I tried all 3 and I am sticking with go launcher. It has all the important features of the others and it is free. I have been using it for a while and with each update it gets better and better. You can have as many home screens as you want (well up to 30 something), you can resize widgets, hide apps in the app drawer, sort apps in app drawer by all recent or running, uninstall apps directly from app drawer, and much more.

corlissimo

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 for LP+ & Beautiful Widgets.
Also, I have both ADW EX & Go Launcher... I get the best performance with LP+ (as proven by my Quadrant & Linpack scores).

Love ADW for its themes but LP+ is what I run daily for its speed.

Sent from my DroidX using Tapatalk.
(any typos are not my fault... they are "Swype-os")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus