Looks like the LG Watch Urbane 2nd edition will get first crack at Android Wear 2.0

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have to factory reset the watch, I am getting too many android wear not responding error, I will try to pair it with my tablet to see if the apps are causing the errors. I will see if I can do a screenshot of the default apps.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have to factory reset the watch, I am getting too many android wear not responding error, I will try to pair it with my tablet to see if the apps are causing the errors. I will see if I can do a screenshot of the default apps.

After factory reset and pairing it with my tablet, I don't get the errors anymore, the default is the same, I don't see any new apps as part of the build. I am not liking to always use the center button to go back, and the top button does not do anything, it used to launch the contacts. The below button is still mapped to LG health.

I think this is too early to be used as a daily driver, I will wait for a few weeks to allow existing 3rd party apps to be updated. For now I will go back to the current version.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
After factory reset and pairing it with my tablet, I don't get the errors anymore, the default is the same, I don't see any new apps as part of the build. I am not liking to always use the center button to go back, and the top button does not do anything, it used to launch the contacts. The below button is still mapped to LG health.

I think this is too early to be used as a daily driver, I will wait for a few weeks to allow existing 3rd party apps to be updated. For now I will go back to the current version.

**Update:
I was able to re-load the non preview version, all is good no issues. I also was able to re-lock the bootloader.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it will be better to wait for now, probably when this goes to beta release, there are so many things that are not working. Okay Google is not working as well, it recognized the words but no results are showing up.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So my first boot has no force closes, installed 22 apps at boot.

Using the center dial for going back is very annoying.

Swiping left or right on the home screen brings up the change watchface screen, which makes no sense.

All of my apps seem to work fine, so far.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
So my first boot has no force closes, installed 22 apps at boot.

Using the center dial for going back is very annoying.

Swiping left or right on the home screen brings up the change watchface screen, which makes no sense.

All of my apps seem to work fine, so far.

That's good to hear, I agree the swiping left and right does not make sense, they should have retained the tap and hold as the first step to trigger the changing of the watch face..

Jeeze

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The 22 apps came with the flash or you synced with phone after pairing ? Did you tell phone to forget watch before flash ? (Edit-
Silly question about apps....have you tried any of the new features? )

Last edited:

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is in reply to the Moto 360 2nd gen comment above:
"My biggest gripe is the voice recognition. At least on the Moto 360 2.0 at times its buggy and I have to repeat my speech in a VERY SLOW ROBOTIC voice tone. VASTLY different experience to how my LGV10 apps process voice... where I just speak naturally."

My Moto 360 1st gen voice recognition is really pretty good as long as I don't have certain types of background noise, then it can be really horrible. When you have these problems are you in certain environments with certain types of background noise or is the issue constant no matter where you are?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most modern smartphones have two mics in different locations of the phone to do noise cancelling (typically the other one is on the back of the phone). I'm sure there is only one mic on these watches. So, it will never match up the phones when you are not in a quiet room.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The 22 apps came with the flash or you synced with phone after pairing ? Did you tell phone to forget watch before flash ? (Edit-
Silly question about apps....have you tried any of the new features? )

So I flashed the watch and did a forget the urbane in the Android wear apk on the phone.

So not too much, the way it handles new notifications is very Samsung gear s2ish... I can't tell if I like it.

The keyboard on the other hand is awesome.. still doesn't capitalize the first word in a sentence though. Lol.

In a call volume up and down is the upper and lower hardware buttons.

Today I had 2 Android wear resets otherwise, no other problems.

Gonna really explore it tomorrow. Feel free to ask questions.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
This may have been addressed elsewhere. Are gestures still an option to go back a screen instead of using the button on the preview?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Gonna really explore it tomorrow. Feel free to ask questions.
  1. Any improvements to the step count? My Nov edition is undercounting more and more these days, maybe half of the actual steps.
  2. Can you change the step goal? Mine is set at a bizarre number just below 10,000 with no way to change it.
  3. Can you use OK Google in stand-alone mode now?

Thanks for being our guinea pig!!!

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
..My Nov edition is undercounting more and more these days....

....Can you change the step goal?....

!

My steps are a bit less as well after the update. I don't think the counter is very accurate at all. I had a little over 7,000 steps on a day with a 4 mile run and then yesterday had the same steps on a 6.5 mile run.

I can set my step goals through the phone app version of Fit, but not from the watch.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I can set my step goals through the phone app version of Fit, but not from the watch.

Sorry, I meant the steps that show on the Health watchface, which always used to differ from the fit steps. I deactivated Fit because it ate battery life and was confused by my running without the cell, plus it sucks at correctly analyzing activities.

I am so glad I will soon be able to have steps show on any watchface, btw.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennygreene