Lost ability in Goggle Calendar to select color of event

winsomemore

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
About a week or so ago my S10 Google Calendar app lost the ability for me to select the color of an event I created. Any solutions or or explanations???? TIA.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be absolutely sure -- you are talking about Google's own Calendar app, and not the stock Samsung Calendar app using your Google account, right?

On my Pixel 3 XL, when I create an event, there's an option between Add Notification and Add Description that says "Default Color" -- tapping that gives me the option to select a different color. You don't have that?

winsomemore

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
Just to be absolutely sure -- you are talking about Google's own Calendar app, and not the stock Samsung Calendar app using your Google account, right?

On my Pixel 3 XL, when I create an event, there's an option between Add Notification and Add Description that says "Default Color" -- tapping that gives me the option to select a different color. You don't have that?

Yes, on my S10 it's the Google Calendar app. The same Calendar that runs on the Chrome browser as when you open Chrome, click on the apps icon (Maps, YouTube, Translation, etc.) and select Calendar. The entries, options,, etc.. are completely identical.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Google Calendar on my new A32 5G to test. Which calendar account are you adding the event to? I found that "My Calendar" (i.e., the local phone account calendar) or "Samsung Calendar" (the one associated with the Samsung account) don't give the option to select a color, while "Events" (the primary calendar for my Google account) does give me the option. What do you see?

winsomemore

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
I just installed Google Calendar on my new A32 5G to test. Which calendar account are you adding the event to? I found that "My Calendar" (i.e., the local phone account calendar) or "Samsung Calendar" (the one associated with the Samsung account) don't give the option to select a color, while "Events" (the primary calendar for my Google account) does give me the option. What do you see?

Thanks for helping!!!! OK, here we go:

1. I am adding the event to the Google account I have used the last 10 years without this problem.
2. I have been using the My Calendar option, box has a check.
3. Under my 10 year old Google account section I had checks in boxes for Events, Tasks and Reminders.
4. I did what you did and removed the check in box for My Calendar and now I have the option to chose what color I need.
I hope Google or Samsung or whoever goofed on this changes it back to the way it was.

Thank You Very Much for your time, effort and help in this issue.

EDIT:
All the above refers to the S10 Callender app, not a PC running Windows nor any other type of os.

Last edited:

winsomemore

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site

winsomemore

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
Ok ... but wait, why do you have that ad in there?

You asked for a screen shot of the app I was having the problem with. So I opened Chrome, did an Image search for Google Callendar app. That stock screen shot pic is exactly what my S10 Google Calendar app screen looks like.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You asked for a screen shot of the app I was having the problem with. So I opened Chrome, did an Image search for Google Callendar app. That stock screen shot pic is exactly what my S10 Google Calendar app screen looks like.
Tap the 4 bars on upper left of the calendar then scroll down to settings and tap each category there to change the color

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ohhhh, I see.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995