Lost All Data Connectivity

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm getting my new EVO tomorrow, but until then I'd really like to be able to continue using my EVO. However, I have lost the ability to connect to 3G, all I have is wifi and/or 4G. I've tried resetting the data connection, rebooting, installing a different ROM, nothing.

Any ideas or do I just live with it until I fire up the new EVO tomorrow?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an island on this one it appears.

I've tried about everything I can think of, but it just shows my number of bars for my phone, with no data at all, it's like I've turned it off.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I would try backing up your stuff (I use MyBackup) and then doing a factory reset.
To do a factory reset, go to Settings then SD & Phone Storage, and then Factory Data Reset.
Good luck! :)
Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I might have to resort to that. I thought when I did a full wipe and flashed a new ROM that might take care of it, but to no avail. I think it may be more serious than that unfortunately.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, that didn't work either, I think my trusty OG EVO is finally shot. It must know that it's being replaced tomorrow and just gave up.

Oh well, best phone I've every owned, by far. I just hope it's predecessor can stack up!

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i noticed that i've had data connectivity issues a couple of times in the last 2-3 weeks. i was fortunate enough to fix it with a reboot.

i wasn't able to restart the data services successfully until the phone reboot.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i noticed that i've had data connectivity issues a couple of times in the last 2-3 weeks. i was fortunate enough to fix it with a reboot.

i wasn't able to restart the data services successfully until the phone reboot.

I just figured it out! My new EVO was activated last night before it shipped, I noticed my contract with Sprint was renewed too. My phone is not active right now I would bet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelmee