Lost "chirp" when doing a Google search after update

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You know, the little chirp you get when doing a Google voice search. Now all I get is a vibration. I'd like to get my audible chirp confirmation back. I checked every sound setting I could find within settings, but I can't seem to find anything that will give me back this Google confirmation sound.

Any ideas???

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing. I thought it was a setting on my phone. This must have happened with the update before last on Verizon. I got a new update notice last night. The description said that there were enhancement plus security updates. Does anyone know what the enhancements might be?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I found the fix. Went into application manager, force stopped and uninstalled the Google app and reinstalled the factory default version of it. All is now working properly.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Update:
Sadly the app automatically updates itself, so I'm back to square one. I emailed Google. We'll see what they have to say.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
agreed that it blows that there is no sound to alert us to it being ready for voice input. I hate that they removed the sound.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here. I believe after a recent update it started doing this I don't mind it since it give a vibration which is nice if your around a lot of people or something

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38