Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed after about 1 week with this phone, I've never seen the LTE letters popup on the info bar on the top, only 4G. Is this just me or is it an issue with the phone? Im pretty sure everything in my mobile data settings are correct for my carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US? If you have an international model they only show "4G" since that is what everyone else (except the US) counts as LTE. The US likes to add "4G LTE" onto it.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Are you in the US? If you have an international model they only show "4G" since that is what everyone else (except the US) counts as LTE. The US likes to add "4G LTE" onto it.
I'm in Canada. On all my phones I've had since LTE has been available, I've always seen it show up on my info bar. I'm using the same SIM card that I used in my Nexus 6p, always had LTE show up until now with the V20.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada. On all my phones I've had since LTE has been available, I've always seen it show up on my info bar. I'm using the same SIM card that I used in my Nexus 6p, always had LTE show up until now with the V20.

Try going under settings -> about phone - > then go to Status / SIM information and see what it says for the Cellular Connection Type.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Try
More
Mobile networks
Mobile data
System select

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-15-20-42-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-15-20-42-28.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 46

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are looking to do.... But setting to LTE is fine unless you are trying to go global
It's just odd that it doesn't say LTE up on the info bar but I guess it's normal. All settings seem to be OK and speed tests give same results with 6p showing LTE and V20 showing 4G with same SIM card.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's just odd that it doesn't say LTE up on the info bar but I guess it's normal. All settings seem to be OK and speed tests give same results with 6p showing LTE and V20 showing 4G with same SIM card.
I think that's normal... I remember Iphone doing the LTE thing.... Same as 4G

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh okay this make sense. I thought you meant other phones in your area show LTE. Google still shows LTE -- They do that for Nexus / Pixel phones. The other manufacturers show 4G for LTE (unless in the states). So you seeing 4G means you're on LTE.

An example of this can be seen on our blog. Alex Dobie is not in the US and shows how to take a screenshot on the S7 Edge. As you can see instead of saying "LTE" it just shows "4G" for him.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-take-screenshot-samsung-galaxy-s7

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh okay this make sense. I thought you meant other phones in your area show LTE. Google still shows LTE -- They do that for Nexus / Pixel phones. The other manufacturers show 4G for LTE (unless in the states). So you seeing 4G means you're on LTE.

An example of this can be seen on our blog. Alex Dobie is not in the US and shows how to take a screenshot on the S7 Edge. As you can see instead of saying "LTE" it just shows "4G" for him.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-take-screenshot-samsung-galaxy-s7
Yes other phones in my area show 4G LTE
That's why it's odd that I don't lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icheb1983