Macrodroid Just Appeared on my Pixel

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden macrodroid is enabled on my phone. Never installed it (or don't remember) and had to look up what it is.

It seems useful, but I am just wondering how it got installed and how it became enabled. I see it had a July 15 update and that is about when I noticed it.

Weird.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is that an app or a feature? I don't see that on my Pixel 2 XL, and nothing comes up if I search the Settings for macrodroid.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just disabled it. It was just strange it popped up as running and enabled. Maybe I downloaded it long ago and never used it and forgot about it, and the recent app update activated it. In google play "my apps" it is listed as installed, unfortunately there is not initial install dates for programs I installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What puzzles me is that this shouldn't be an app you can Disable, since that implies it was preinstalled when you got the phone (and a Pixel shouldn't have this kind of preinstalled bloat). Another possibility is that it's been granted Device Administrator privileges -- go to Settings>Apps>Advanced>Special App Access>Device Admin Apps​, and see if Macrodroid is there. If so, uncheck it, then see if you can uninstall it.