Magic Keyboard

Speaking

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Another feature I like in some keyboards is using the volume keys to move the cursor incrimentally. But in general I'm really happy with the Magic Keyboard.

PicomatStudios

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the keyboard a lot but one thing important to me is how some keyboards use your contact list. There are around 200 names in my list that are not regular English names that I mention in IM and text messages about 30 times per day. With some other keyboards their names appear after typing 2 or 3 letters and I don't even have to capitalize, it is already done. Will you have this feature also?

Hi, thanks for your comments. We've thought about offering that and may revisit it. The reason we decided against is that many people dislike apps having long lists of required permissions. That's also the reason why our language packs are separate apps rather than in-app downloads.

We are keen to offer the functionality that people require however, so we'll consider offering it in a future release.

In the meantime you can add new words to the dictionary using the + option that appears in the suggestion bar when you type a new word. If you capitalise it, you'll be offered both cases.

Last edited:

NickNick43

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
>> What are you working on for the next update?

We are pretty much feature complete now - so we're working on sourcing additional languages.
We'll add the ICS-style voice to text and the sound options though as both are good ideas.
After that we have a bit of refinement to do on the tablet layouts.

Lag seems OK on our nearest equivalent (a One V) so we'd be keen to explore this a bit further.. would you mind e-mailing us on our support at picomat.com address describing it a bit further ? Specifically details on what apps you're using at the time, whether you run things like task killers etc, in the background how often & when it happens. Thanks !

Thanks for the quick response. There is an issue after selecting a predictive next word. If you backspace to insert a comma it replaces the last letter of the word with a comma.

One feature that I really miss from swiftkey is swiping to delete last word. Also any chance you could make the numpad bigger and place secondary symbols on another page?

PicomatStudios

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks for the bug report - we always do those first before changes. We're on our Christmas break this week but we'll take a look as a priority when we return.

We'll add the others to our suggested changes list - for smaller suggestions like those we only do the most popular so it depends what else is there / who else asks.
Thanks for all the feedback though, it helps us greatly.

PicomatStudios

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nick,

- would like to see the ICS / Jelly Bean voice to text used.
Look out for this on ICS devices in v. 1.4.16 (it's optional, so you have to select it from the settings menu)

PicomatStudios

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
We've been hard at work sourcing some extra languages.
We're pleased to announce that Polish is available now, and Czech will be in the next couple of days.
Then Swedish, Norwegian and Danish to follow...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54