MailDroid vs K-9

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Was 1.25 released? I know you mentioned it earlier. I only see 1.21 in the Marketplace. I was hoping to see the scrolling lag bug fixed, if it weren't for that the program is otherwise very nice. Everything else mentioned already would make it even better! Thanks dev! :)

1.25 will be out (I hope) in the next day or so.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
One more thing, am I doing something wrong or is it not yet possible to just be able to open maildroid up and automatically go to my inbox? Right now I have to open maildroid, and then click my account name to go to the Inbox. It's a bit runabout and I could see it annoying me in the long run.

You are doing it correctly and it is annoying ;-) I am planning on adding a "default account" in a future version to get around this.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dev for the quick responses, if everything adds up I'm looking forward to the final polished version and would have no problem paying for your efforts!

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dev for the quick responses, if everything adds up I'm looking forward to the final polished version and would have no problem paying for your efforts!

Thanks! I hope to get to there around version 2.00. With 1.25 coming out tomorrow...I am almost there ;-)

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I found a bug with Maildroid. If I select/check a single message and move it to another folder when the message list refreshes the checkmark has moved to the next message in the list. I would expect that no messages would be checked at that point.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I found a bug with Maildroid. If I select/check a single message and move it to another folder when the message list refreshes the checkmark has moved to the next message in the list. I would expect that no messages would be checked at that point.

Correct that 'was' a bug. It is now fixed in version 1.25 which was just released.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Version 1.25 is now on the market...some basic release notes:

--Checkbox bug fix that was just mentioned
--Auto-Save draft bug was fixed
--Sync Sent mail on IMAP Server
--Signature per account
--Fixed lag when scrolling down inbox (should be better, but work still needs to be done on this)
--Bunch of other bug fixes and minor features

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok...

A better description of my issue is as follows:

I have two accounts set up...

Account #1 shows a size of 325.2KB
Account #2 shows a size of 226.8KB

Currently, I have no email in any of the accounts... everything has been deleted from all folders...

Both accounts have been compacted also...

Now.... during the day.... I will get email (accounts size starts to increase).... By the end of the day, I will read and delete new mail and empty the trash...

Yet the 2 accounts never drop back to 0KB

These are both POP accounts.

Lego!

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I used Maildroid for a while but found it to be terribly cumbersome and slow with IMAP. I didn't use it for Pop. The latest version of K-9 rocks. It fixed all of the IMAP issues and works smoothly. I've deleted Maildroid and use K-9 exclusively. It is more powerful, faster and easier to use than any other mail program for Android.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit K-9 is darn good at what it does. Using both I ended up uninstalling Maildroid but will keep an eye out on it in the market as new versions are rolled out.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I was mainly using K9 until a couple of days ago when it developed a major force close immediately after I pressed the icon. Also still had problems with it continually using an ever increasing amount of internal memory. Uninstalled K9 and using Maildroid exclusively for now.