Major showing of trust.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I did it. :D
Found the Pixel stable/trustworthy enough to give it to my wife.
Switched her over to Project Fi with me.
Currently utilizing a Nexus 6 as my primary with Nexus 5X as backup.
Will most likely switch between the two.
At least until the next biggest and greatest gets released.
Even then..who knows.
I'm not a "power user" by any stretch of the imagination.
Just texts, phone calls and messaging. no gaming to speak of.
Now, to off load a slightly used Samsung G930U....

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
My wife now prefers her Pixel over her iPhone.

Currently in the: How do you * ?, stage
will give a couple of days to see if she likes it.
Being the same OS it's "mostly" the same.
Glad yours embraced the change.
Hope I can duplicate that.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my wife a Pixel too, but she was coming from a long line of Moto and LG phones, so not a night and day difference.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
did the same. i got her a pixel but i am yet to move her plan to Fi.
she only uses about 200mb of data since most of the time she is on wifi(work and home)

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I came so close to converting my wife to a Pixel from her iPhone. She really liked how fluid the Pixel was and then...my mother in law (also an iPhone user) bought her an apple watch thus tying her back to her iPhone...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I came so close to converting my wife to a Pixel from her iPhone. She really liked how fluid the Pixel was and then...my mother in law (also an iPhone user) bought her an apple watch thus tying her back to her iPhone...

So close, yet so far! ;)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This thread reminds me of how weird it is that I do what I do here and my wife's amount of "yeah, don't care" couldn't be higher.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My wife still on a non smart flip phone. I'm having a hard time getting her to get a smart phone. She hates Apple though, so android it is when she is ready lol

MisterRx

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Ordered my wife and I both Pixel XL 128GB in December and just got them last week.. She upgraded from LG G3 and myself from Original Droid Turbo 64GB. She loves her. Her only complaint is she can't separate notifications and ringer. She liked the ability to turn off all but ringer at night.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my wife and I both Pixel XL 128GB in December and just got them last week.. She upgraded from LG G3 and myself from Original Droid Turbo 64GB. She loves her. Her only complaint is she can't separate notifications and ringer. She liked the ability to turn off all but ringer at night.
This can be done through the "priority only" mode. Check through those settings and it's pretty straight forward.

You guys both upgraded a huge step up the ladder lol

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Converted my wife to a smart phone (Samsung) a few years back because she discovered that I could see Facebook on my phone, and her daughter had music from her phone playing over her car audio.

Switched her to a Nexus last year (on Project Fi) and now she cannot remember to swipe up to answer calls. The pace of change has always outpaced her ability to remember--and its getting that way for me as well.

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Great widget. Been using this for several phones

Attachments

• 35224.jpg
    35224.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 163

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife & I have an agreement. I she can get an apple Phone if she wants to, but I don't have to support any Apple phones or explain how to use features.

We both still have Androids :D

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
That's a nice thought, but I still found myself spending countless nights on hold with Apple trying to get her iPhone 6S fixed. Now it is out of warranty so if anything goes wrong it will be going bye bye.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everett4