Market not showing update

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but last night I was looking through the market and ran across and app that was marked update available. I already had that app (Where) installed but never got a notification of an update. Normally I do get all the notifications, just not on this one. Is that normal or has anyone seen something similar happen. I try to keep all apps up to date.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but last night I was looking through the market and ran across and app that was marked update available. I already had that app (Where) installed but never got a notification of an update. Normally I do get all the notifications, just not on this one. Is that normal or has anyone seen something similar happen. I try to keep all apps up to date.

I've had that happen to me once or twice before. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or of it's just because the Market doesn't push the update right away, or if the market doesn't push at all, and the device has to pull the information every so often. Either way, it's hard for me to tell how long the updates have been sitting in the market before I got the notification as I don't check for updates manually very often.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to know if it pushes the update constantly until you get it or just once. I got updates for two apps, clicked on the update bar and it started to load market and the phone died (dead battery). Once it was charged the updates were gone, so I had to fish for them (check every app I had, luckily not that many).

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
why would you have to fish around for them? just open the market and go to your downloads, whatever has an update is at the top of the list.

i'm pretty sure the market doesn't push update information nor does it seem to pull at regular intervals

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have that same problem... I usually just check for updates manually whenever i'm in the market (which I am a lot) by pushing the menu button and selecting downloads... I wish there was an 'update all' button though.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
more than an update all button i wish there was a changelog required to be provided before you download the update