Marshmallow update [HTC One M8]

Bob Dudek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought something took a dump during the UD process!

..still running .I've did 10 or so OS upgrades -none as long as Marsh mellow on the M8!

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Got mine.. I gotta tell yea I hate the white keyboard.. but other than that, the update went well.. Let's hope the ram settles down over the next day or so.. I don't have many apps on my phone anyways..

Love the new emojis by the way! 😃

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
The update did take a long time here too but finished without issue. Updated all apps fine too.
I have noticed that my battery is draining quite a lot today. Also, and this is something I have never seen before, but the biggest battery drain is the T-Mobile app!! According to Gsam it is using 77%. After 2h 13m 25% of my battery has been used. That's massive. I can normally get 18-20 hours out of my battery.

been running great for me. 67% left with 6 hours on battery. Did like 5 restarts between OS update and app updates, so that may have helped.

Hardcase19

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I get the same errors, cant update any of the HTC apps. I think there was another user here that has the same problem.
Think we just need to wait it out for now, probably be available tomorrow.

burchdb

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Brown is the new red, I can hardly see my night clock app. The red flashlight screen is now brown as are all the reds in app icons.

Anyone else notice this.

LePenguin

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I get the same errors, cant update any of the HTC apps. I think there was another user here that has the same problem.
Think we just need to wait it out for now, probably be available tomorrow.

Fixed it, all you have to do is log off of your account and log back on 😃

Last edited:

stugiv

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Also, is the profile widget for changing between Silent/Vibrate/Normal gone? It was gone after the update & I don't see it in the list of widgets.

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Log off the HTC account? From where?

No, your Google account. I had to delete my Google account and clear data for the play store, play services and Google framework, and then reboot. For good measure I also uninstalled updates to the play store app. Hope this helps.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No, your Google account. I had to delete my Google account and clear data for the play store, play services and Google framework, and then reboot. For good measure I also uninstalled updates to the play store app. Hope this helps.

Ok, dumb question,...please forgive me.
How do you log off your Google account via phone?
Thanks.

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, dumb question,...please forgive me.
How do you log off your Google account via phone?
Thanks.

Go to settings, accounts and select your Google account and then select delete from the menu options. You can add the account back after you do the other steps I listed.

Hardcase19

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings, accounts and select your Google account and then select delete from the menu options. You can add the account back after you do the other steps I listed.

So after you did this did the HTC apps no longer show as needing updating or did they still update? I followed your steps and now the HTC apps no longer show as needing an update. thanks

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
So after you did this did the HTC apps no longer show as needing updating or did they still update? I followed your steps and now the HTC apps no longer show as needing an update. thanks

Yes, forgot to mention that. I searched for HTC in the play store and each HTC app that needed an update showed "update" on the right. I opened and updated each one. After all updates were applied, I rebooted and all is working again. I even received a new update to the mail app today normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny