Marshmallow update?

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I have the 9.7" Galaxy Tab S2, no carrier or anything. I was reading that Samsung is supposed to be rolling out the update to Marshmallow now. How do you typically go about getting the update? Will it be in Software update under About Device like other updates usually are?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the update will be under the about device/software update settings. Updates are pushed out in phases (usually), but you can often download directly from Samsun via Kies. Go to the Samsung and enter your model number. See if there is an update available to be downloaded and installed.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Right now it's currently rolling out in Germany and UK for the Tab S2 for both the 8" and 9.7".

Unfortunatley Kies does not support the Tab S2 (I tried). Kies told me to install Smart Switch.

Keep checking these forums though. When the update hits the US, it'll be posted here.

johnnyboy5520

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I got tired of waiting myself and upgraded using the German firmware. It was quick and painless. So far so good. No issues to speak of and it definitely seems smoother overall.

S2 9.7 32g wifi

johnnyboy5520

May 28, 2016
Visit site
See the link below. The first 4 firmware files listed are all Marshmallow and will probably work just fine. The German version is 4th in the list (region DBT).

https://samsung-firmware.org/model/SM-T810/

Note sure if this was mentioned somewhere before, but there is a tool called samfirm that downloads the firmware directly from Samsung's servers. It can easily be found with a Google search. I would post a link but I'm not sure of the rules regarding posting links to other forums. Hopefully the link above was ok to be posted. If not, remove it, no big deal. Anyone looking for the firmware can easily find them with a google search.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Getting ready to install the Australian firmware update...I have USA version. Seems pretty easy...No excuse not to have the update by now. They do not even have to go through a carrier for the WiFi version.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell