MAXX losing battery

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me if this looks normal??

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 6959.jpg
    6959.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 6960.jpg
    6960.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 80

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Appears to be, but what's your screen on time?

Another thing you can do to save battery/resources is force stop backup assistant and moto care after every reboot.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Screen on time is only 1.5 hours. I was at 80% when I left my house at 2 and now its 6pm and im at 50. When I woke up at 10am today i was at 99%. Seems a little steep in my opinion.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You had big chunks of awake time with the display off. We're you making calls or listening to music? If so, that's normal. If not, something is holding the phone awake. However, since Google play music is on the apps list, I'll guess you were listening to music, so, probably normal then.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope, just Facebook and texting. And I was using music before I left. Haven't used it since. I think something is keeping it awake.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Same thing on the Razr Maxx HD... Not to mention that batteries just plain loose their mojo over time. As much as I look forward to what Moto has in the on deck circle, I'm seriously considering my next phone to be one with a removeable battery.....

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got a replacement device coming so hopefully that will solve some of the problems. I know the battery will be new on the replacement so that will he a good thing for sure.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement device coming so hopefully that will solve some of the problems. I know the battery will be new on the replacement so that will he a good thing for sure.

How do you know the battery is new? Did someone at moto or Verizon say that is typical?

I'm getting a warranty replacement so just wondering.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I remember talking to a service rep once and they said they replace all major parts with new ones, screen, battery, casing, etc. Makes sense in my opinion.

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The first two are a few months after I got my Maxx (I got it the day it came out). The second two are today.

I've learned to live with it because I still get way better battery life than most.

Attachments

• 416619.jpg
    416619.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 416620.jpg
    416620.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 416621.jpg
    416621.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 416622.jpg
    416622.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 37

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The first two are a few months after I got my Maxx (I got it the day it came out). The second two are today.

I've learned to live with it because I still get way better battery life than most.

I want to know what magic you did to get 7hr 41m of screen on time with 40% battery left

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I want to know what magic you did to get 7hr 41m of screen on time with 40% battery left

Me too! I have the same apps enabled and disabled. I use the phone in generally the same way. I do a factory reset every six months and wipe the cache partition every 4 months.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

I can get 7-9 hrs of screen on time. But not with 40% left.

I usually go from 90-30 percent and use about 4.5hrs screen time.

From 100 to 10 is where I get 7-9.

I have all bloat frozen, use uninstall expert to freeze the non disableable vzw apps. I greenify every app except for YouTube.

I use one power guard not pro on AI mode which greatly improves standby drain.

Greenify I use to keep 1.2gb of ram free.

Love it.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain to me what this is and how to stop it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5097.jpg
    5097.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 45

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Mediaserver is used for playing audio or video using the default media player, and I believe for scanning for images. If you've been listening to music, perfectly normal and you don't want to stop it. If not, you may have corrupted photos or videos and you may want to copy them off the device, delete them, restart the phone, and see if that helps.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what that does, actually.

I'd use an app like Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer. Have it look for image files and video files and erase them all (after backing them up to a PC or uploading to Dropbox or something.) ES File Explorer, when you tap the menu control top left, has an option Library, then you can quickly find image and video files. I never connect my phone to my Mac, but I guess you could try doing it by connecting the phone to your computer and doing it from there. Again, you may want to back everything up first.

You want any image files or video files, I think. Wallpapers, photos, movies, videos, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose