May be old news, but it's official...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Right, well I guess it should be a lesson for all companies that when your R&D group goes to the effort of making you a product that is novel in the marketplace, your marketing group should probably put a little bit of effort into determining the market demand for it.

ASUS could have sold 500,000 of these before the Samsung tab 10.1 released if they had sufficient stock of them available at release.

-Suntan

JesterOC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
This was what I heard and read about the Xoom when it came out.
Wow, I want one...
I'm going to buy one...
Damn it is expensive!...
I really want it but its too pricey ...
I'll get the wi-fi one, it will be cheaper...
Damn not cheap enough...

So I think it was clear that people wanted it but the price was too high. So Asus makes a tablet that is much cheaper, has a better screen, a working micro sd slot, and the option of a full keyboard. And they are surprised by the demand? I don't get it.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This was what I heard and read about the Xoom when it came out.
Wow, I want one...
I'm going to buy one...
Damn it is expensive!...
I really want it but its too pricey ...
I'll get the wi-fi one, it will be cheaper...
Damn not cheap enough...

I would add in there:

What, ASUS is releasing one *with* a keyboard for less money, I'm returning this Xoom...

Which is what you heard from a lot of people online (myself included.) So I hope companies like ASUS didn't peg demand for their tablets based on the initial sale of Xoom tablets and it is pretty clear that Xoom sales were hit hard by the announcment of the Transformer (and the slimmed down Tab to come.)

-Suntan

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the keyboard dock through walmart.com, (thank you nowinstock.net), so hopefully by the time I can actually hunt down the real tablet, they'll have this whole quality control thing down-pat....

camjcb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered both the tablet and keyboard dock through Walmart.com, also thanks to nowinstock.net. Can't wait. I highly recommend nowinstock.net for hard to find items like these.

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered both the tablet and keyboard dock through Walmart.com, also thanks to nowinstock.net. Can't wait. I highly recommend nowinstock.net for hard to find items like these.

Same for me as well. I have the 32G (from which I'm typing on) from tigerdirect.com and ordered the dock from walmart.com. It is a great site!

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not the Motorola xoom will always featch top dollar even down the road. It is a highly desirable high quality device. Like I stated in other posts, I had the TF it is k-mart quality no more no less. Sold it on eBay within an hour of using it. I own 2 xooms and I have yet to see any tablet compare to it. There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing. Purely my opinion and thousands of other xoom owners.

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not the Motorola xoom will always featch top dollar even down the road. It is a highly desirable high quality device. Like I stated in other posts, I had the TF it is k-mart quality no more no less. Sold it on eBay within an hour of using it. I own 2 xooms and I have yet to see any tablet compare to it. There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing. Purely my opinion and thousands of other xoom owners.

I understand exactly, my Grandmother always said "opinions are like ____holes (certain body parts), everybody has one"........ ;)

Dave........

anon(292241)

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
...There isn't a tablet out there that has a simple feature like a notification light like the xoom.This is why they all cost next to nothing because they give you nothing...

I'm going to reiterate what I understand you to say here so we're both on the same page. You believe the Xoom to be $300 better because it has a little LED that blinks when you get an email?O:)

Just checkin'...

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Au contraire!

Take it from a former Xoom owner (3g and wifi) - you couldn't pay me to go back. It is junk by comparison to the Transformer and far less functional despite significantly higher price tag.

Anyone who pays more than $300 for Xoom wifi is an idiot - the Xoom is an inferior product that was released unfinished (and still doesn't have SD card working, let alone the promised 4g). A year from now you won't be able to give away a Xoom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT