McLaren Edition coming Friday to T-Mobile

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
you may have made a good decision, this 7t pro McLaren 5g is getting terrible batt life and gets really hot

So it's not just me. I figured I had some things running I didn't with my 7 Pro that was eating up the battery. I went to bed with a full charge. Woke up to 68% ! And yes it does get hot fast. But I really do like it.

I'm going to be completely honest. I don't see hardly any difference between my OnePlus 7 Pro I traded in and this McLaren, but it's new and I'm probably not talking advantage of any new hardware and software. I'm satisfied otherwise and very happy with it.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, my first oneplus phone. The battery was not good to say the least and I even changed the resolution to 1080 but kept the 90hz on, can't turn that off. Put it on the charger last night and this morning I was only down one percent. Today I have been on the phone a lot more than I'm usually on the phone and as of right now I'm showing 53% with just over 4 hours of screen on time. The screen is the big draw that I'm having on the battery but it seems to be doing ok today. I purchased the phone because I liked what it had to offer other than 5G because 5G isn't in my area yet. I know I could have gotten one of the cheaper oneplus models but what fun is that. If price was a concern then I could see that being the case but when your paying this much for a phone, I hope that price isn't a concern.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a lot of problems with the fingerprint sensor. Never had a problem with the OnePlus 7 Pro. This one isn't even working half the time. I think it might be the screen protector I got from T-Mobile

Last edited:

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a lot of problems with the fingerprint sensor. Never had a problem with the OnePlus 7 Pro. This one isn't even working half the time. I think it might be the screen protector I got from T-Mobile
Yeah I would say that's the issue as mine doesn't have any issues without a screen protector.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I would say that's the issue as mine doesn't have any issues without a screen protector.

I'm sure that's it because I didn't get a screen protector until Sunday and the fingerprint scanner worked perfectly until yesterday. I got the screen protector from T-Mobile, same one I had on the 7 Pro. I don't know why it's doing this, I'll have to call T-Mobile or message OnePlus and see what can be done.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. 14 apps that moved over don't run. Galaxy watch has limited capabilities. Other than that it's a great phone. Love seeing the 5G in the bar!

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. 14 apps that moved over don't run. Galaxy watch has limited capabilities. Other than that it's a great phone. Love seeing the 5G in the bar!

I got my McLaren 5G late yesterday afternoon. Setting it up today. What apps don't run? Not concerned about Galaxy watch, my smartwatch is Google Wear OS. Maybe it's an Android 10 thing and developers are still catching-up / tweaking for the OS update?

It will be interesting for me to see how well 5G works in my house. I'm in an area where LTE in my house sucks. Generally not a problem because I'm on wi-fi.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you may have made a good decision, this 7t pro McLaren 5g is getting terrible batt life and gets really hot

It always take some time to get glad battery little ours just my second day with the phone I had about 8 hours so far been unplugged since 1:30 am. I have another 7 hours.bot the da to take about a week to brake in.

maxnix

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Knowing this phone will be functionally second rate as soon as the S11 or 8Pro appear withe 865 chip, it still has some attraction. More so at $750 or $800 than $900.

Still, if you have to buy now, it is worth considering as both of hte above phones will have selfie camera holes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335