Media Player

R

Roy Aguilera

Anyone tried out any 3rd party Media Players?
Is there a good one?

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Try Meridian (free). It will play all of my downloaded MP3's and has a shuffle feature. For some reason the player that came with the phone wouldn't recognize some of my music folders. Antropia (also free) is also good, plays everything but doesn't have a shuffle feature.

P3Droid

Banned
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use MixZing love it so far.

chart

NEKRO

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
MixZing is legit...it downloads cover art and has a nice widget(s) -there are two options. Oh and last but not least...free.

NEKRO

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
It will auto suggest other songs based off of what you are listening to. The best feature I enjoy is automatically downloading album art. This is a good tool if you, uh, "download" music and the album art wasnt included in the file.

Gixxerjoe#AC

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey thanks for the recommendation! MixZing is pretty sweet! I was looking for something to replace the default media player! And this is just what I was looking for

davesax36

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there actually a media player that will decode FLAC and/or ALAC? I'm ready to set up a sync with my music library, but most of what I really want is ripped in one of those two lossless formats. Come on, developers, don't let me down. I love this phone!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded MixZing last night and, though I haven't had occassion to use it much, am very happy with it so far. I love how it downloads album art if I don't have it and it also gives info on the artist. One minor thing I would add, and it's far from a big deal, would be info on lyrics as well.

The only thing I have yet to find in any of the free media apps is a desktop companion that allows you to create playlists on your PC, which I find it much easier to do than on the phone.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there actually a media player that will decode FLAC and/or ALAC? I'm ready to set up a sync with my music library, but most of what I really want is ripped in one of those two lossless formats. Come on, developers, don't let me down. I love this phone!

That would be the Andless player. It's in the market. FLAC and Apple Lossless with no rooting required!

Apple can't be too pleased about that! Now if they'd only come out with a 160GB microSD card, I could ditch my Ipod Classic!

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Last night I had a chance to do some extended listening to FLAC files on Andless. The sound was just gorgeous, far richer than any other music player on my Droid. BUT, about every two or three minutes I'd get some stuttering or dropouts as if the processor couldn't quite keep up. Or maybe it was my SD card streaming the files too slowly. Or maybe it was just interference from some other program running in the background. But I tried shutting down most of my running processes and still couldn't get rid of the problem. But I still had Launcher Pro running.

Also I coudln't get it to play Apple Lossless files even though the latest version is supposed to. I'll keep trying.