Media problems in 2.2

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
As a new developer with 2 apps in the market that both deal with streaming audio I'd just like to say that all these media problems people are experiencing with 2.2 has to deal with the fact that Google changed the entire media system in Android with something called "Stagefright" and simple things that worked in 1.6 and 2.1 no longer work in 2.2. This new media stuff is still buggy and most media apps are going to be broken for awhile till the devs can get stuff working again. And it seems like a lot are having trouble with getting their apps to work right with this new media framework.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Would this explain why mortplayer audiobook suddenly doesn't seem to be able to hold a bookmark to save its life? Only since 2.2, and now whenever I pause/stop and restart it autojumps back 1-5 minutes. very annoying.

K--

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Being a new developer I'm not that experienced so I'm unsure why they changed the media stuff, I haven't researched that.

Very simple code that in 1.6 and 2.1 streams audio perfectly from radioreference.com (police scanner audio) does not work correctly in 2.2 (at least in the development emulator it doesn't, I haven't tried it on an actual 2.2 device because I haven't updated yet). I'm sure there is a way to do it, but 2.2 is new so there isn't a lot of help out there yet for new devs like me.

Yes I think that any problems with media apps can be traced back to the media changes in the Android code in 2.2, we just have to wait till devs "figure it out" and update their apps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii