Media server draining battery

El Nombre

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
The last couple of days, my battery has been draining much quicker than normal. Looking at the battery thingy, android media server seems to be the culprit. I've never even seen it in that list before but now its responsible for 16% drain whereas playing a fairly gfx intensive game for an hour so only used about 4%.

I've tried restarting the phone but that didn't do anything. I've also tried looking for media server in the apps list so I could force stop it to see if that made any difference but I couldn't even find it in the list. Doing a bit of googling, people have said it can be related to an SD card and to try and remove it and put it back in but you can't do that on the N5.

Another site said to clear media storage by going to settings > media storage > clear data but I can't find anything related to media in the apps list (also not really sure if this just means delete all my music/photos etc which I'd rather only do as a last resort if there's anything else to try first). Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

It seems strange that this has only just started happening in the last couple of days as I haven't done anything system wise (app installs or OS updates) that I can think of.

El Nombre

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
So it's seems that it's 3rd party apps that media server gets its knickers in a twist about. In this case it was Need for Speed: No Limits. As long as I force stop it after use, media server doesn't seem to have an issue so problem (sort of) solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver