[MEGATHREAD] LG IMS Keeps Stopping (5/2022)

Skywolve

May 22, 2022
Visit site
So I know there was one post already related to this but no solution in that thread has worked, nor has any solution posted on various websites.

I wish I could just disable LG IMS as the frame work contributes to features of my phone I simply don't use, however I cannot find the place to do so nor the IP type most websites tell me to. Like I said I have a Stylo 4 so that may be the issue.

I also doubt it has to do with any particular app as a factory reset did not fix it.

I am at my wits end so either a detailed guide for disabling it or any other fixes would be greatly appreciated.

A

Android Central Question

LG IMS has stopped

Has anyone been able to fix the issue of LG IMS has stopped? I have tried the Fixes suggested but nothing seems to help.

Greg Williams9

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Re: LG IMS has stopped

I went to Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show Sytem -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage
I cleared the the data.
Has not popped since. 15 minutes now.

Last edited:

mrsthree

May 22, 2022
Visit site
Re: LG IMS has stopped

Hi, all! Same problem here. Started before 9am today. T-Mobile user, LG Stylo 4. We've tried most of the fixes suggested & so far nothing works. Thanks for all the ideas. Interestingly, my daughter & I have exactly the same phone/carrier. Her SIM is slightly older than mine. But I just bought mine used after my previous phone battery died - and I am not yet plagued with this problem.

Tried Greg Williams idea - no luck.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The same here. LG G7 ThinQ and T-Mobile. The message "LG IMS KEEPS STOPPING" appears every few seconds.
Gives 2 options: "App Info" and "Close App". Neither one does anything valuable.
Effectively unable using the phone.
SOMEONE DID SOMETHING. No one responsible?
My guess is everybody with this phone and that carrier is affected. Should be thousands of people. At least.
And only few complains? Welcome to a new America?
Go app info >storage>clear data and force stop

danegal

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we going to wrong IMS package app , when presented with option to close app or info tap Info then storage clear data and force stop

I have gone into the settings two different ways. One going through settings and the other through the pop-up. Both yield no results or change.

OP mentioned a factory reset didn't fix this issue

That's what they always say. Get directed to tech services.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsthree

May 22, 2022
Visit site
okay - I found a difference between my phone & my daughter's - my app LG Account (have to show system apps to find it) shows a pending update, while hers has already updated. My version is 4.1.3 & hers is 4.1.5. She rolled back the update - did not immediately fix it - but trying to go back through other ideas to maybe get lucky... No luck so far...

Sylvo2121

May 22, 2022
Visit site
LG v60 is what I have and it started for me this morning as well. I get the popup error code along with not being able to make or receive calls and text messages. Tmobile has confirmed this seems to be a widespread LG issue. I have done all of the suggestions aside from a factory reset with no luck. This is really unnerving.