Messages+ Not Showing New Message Notifications

PennyG47

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S5. When I reloaded my phone from MyBackup Pro, I was having incredible difficulty with the stock Messages app, so I switched over to Messages+. That didn't work, so I did a factory reset, reloaded my phone, and everything seemed good with Messages+.
The problem I am finding is I do not get any notification on the Messages+ icon that I have any unread messages. I get notifications in the status bar, but that is it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Prior to this, i had shut off the Messages app, but I turned it back on hoping it would help. It didnt. 2 days ago I had to clear the cache in BADGEPROVIDER to get rid of a phantom unread message in Messages+. I checked my Advanced Task Killer, and I do not have Messages+ set to be killed.

This is driving me crazy, this phone seems to be nothing but problems when it comes to me texting. I am praying it is operator error and not a bad phone. Thanks!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't like either of the stock message apps.

I switched over to Textra and life is a lot more fun now.
No headaches at all with SMS.

PennyG47

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a lot of up votes for Textra, but I like the way that Mesages+ works for me. I'm just getting frustrated because it seems like it's always something with this phone. I don't want to have to keep doing factory resets to fix things.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a lot of up votes for Textra, but I like the way that Mesages+ works for me. I'm just getting frustrated because it seems like it's always something with this phone. I don't want to have to keep doing factory resets to fix things.

To me, if the Messages apps are not doing the trick, get rid of them.
I definitely would NOT do a reset on my phone just because the message app is a failure.

Install a different message app, Textra is good and has a lot of followers.
it is not the only Holy Grail in the SMS app genre though, install some of the others, one of them will make you happy.

The S5 is a very good phone, and has not given me any problems for months now.

However, I recognize when a "new app" is downloaded and installed, if it don't work right, it is the APP at fault, not the phone.

I tried out a lot of SMS apps before I finally settled down to just Textra. It works, it isn't broke, so no need to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci