Messaging App - clicking a Link

A

AC Question

Hey all,

I like the messaging app that comes stock with the phone; except when I open up a link, it doesn't actually open it up in the browser. I'm on att if that matters.

When clicking a link in the app, it opens a blank white page with a header - then on the right side there are the three dots as options. When selecting, there is option for "Open in Browser", which works.

Seems odd. Is there a way to fix this or make it so that it by default opens in the browser (without changing the messaging app?)

Adding screenshots here:

cerberus0820

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Apparently the 'ask the question' part doesn't place you in the section you are browing, huh?

Note 7.

Any ideas on what can be done to not have the white page (doesn't matter what URL it is.) Seems that it is a Samsung thing that uses it's own browser, from the digging i've done, which doesn't appear to be changeable. I'm okay with that, as long as it works (which it doesn't).

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used the Note 7 ... yet :)

I'll move your thread to the Note 7 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering this for a while myself. S7 Edge did the same junk.. and it's a horrible browser because half the time the links won't work. Have to cut & paste into the normal browser. Incredibly stupid