Metallic Blue replacing Pebble Blue?

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a hard time deciding between the two colors and came across this site:

http://www.talkandroid.com/114737-samsung-changes-galaxy-s-iii-pebble-blue-to-metallic-blue/

It's a more greyish blue vs the purplish (Pebble) blue. I wonder if this is legit and if the US carriers will be offering this color instead.

I also noticed in the video that the blue shows fingerprints and smudges which would annoy me (dumb, I know). My OCD may make me choose the white although I like the look of the blue... Decisions, decisions!!!

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Still said pebble blue at BB to when I preordred. Guess I'll find out when it comes in lol.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

sleek881

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks worse than i thought, more a browny rust red.

20120606-kf1xbr685bfem4f6sj9ys5e9jj.jpg

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Best buy now has the SGIII on their website (I believe it is for AT&T and Sprint only), and if you check out the "pebble blue" it appears to me that it is actually the gray version as opposed to the bluish/purple look seen from the press photos. Personally I like the gun metal grey version a lot more!

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Haven't most critics (including AndroidCentral) gotten their hands on the AT&T and Sprint versions of the S3 and they said that the colors are indeed the same?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It is indeed a metallic blue front and back with a pebble blue home button. Very good looking color in my opinion.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
It is indeed a metallic blue front and back with a pebble blue home button. Very good looking color in my opinion.

Umm, the home button is exactly the same color as the rest of the front around it - its just not covered with glass like the rest, so it looks a bit different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge