Mi box S, not able to find WiFi router

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just bought Mi box S , and it connected to WiFi and everything was working fine, but then after sometime, it showed the message not able to connect to WiFi, it doesn’t show my home modem router anymore in the WiFi connections, I tried to factory reset mi box but still it’s not able to show my WiFi router, it shows other connections in my vicinity, my neighbor WiFi even my personal mobile phone hotspot but it doesn’t show my home router, please help anyone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the "Broadcast SSID" function is enabled in the router? If it's not, there's nothing for it to find (although the default connection may be set for your router's SSID, if it loses it for a fraction of a second, it can't find it again).

Mahmood Khan4

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site
Are you sure the "Broadcast SSID" function is enabled in the router? If it's not, there's nothing for it to find (although the default connection may be set for your router's SSID, if it loses it for a fraction of a second, it can't find it again).

My others phone are able to search and connect to my home router as well as my laptop, only mi box s is not ale to find it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The Mi box isn't a phone. So I ask again, are you sure the "Broadcast SSID" function is enabled in the router? (And are you using a VPN if you aren't using a paid IPTV service?)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the router manufacturer's website to see if there are any firmware updates available. Otherwise, you may just have to look into buying a new router.

Tshepo Mphahlele

May 5, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone, did you manage to solve the problem I think I'm facing the same issue worst part is I have 2 mi boxes one connects but I can't find my router on the other one

icaks

Aug 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi, for everyone having the same problem as author. I'm suggesting to check your wifi router settings and set the channel manually. I do reboot/reset and many other ways but still ain't able to see my router wifi connection, but after i set the channel manually (i changed to 1) suddenly the wifi appear on my mi box.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, for everyone having the same problem as author. I'm suggesting to check your wifi router settings and set the channel manually. I do reboot/reset and many other ways but still ain't able to see my router wifi connection, but after i set the channel manually (i changed to 1) suddenly the wifi appear on my mi box.
Welcome to AC!
Thanks for your tips