Micro SD as internal memory

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
Just about to upgrade my old Note 10.1 2014 to an S4.

My question is are you able to set the SD card on the current OS as internal memory so you can edit/save/annotate etc to it and you dont just have to have the files on the internal memory.

Thanks,
Kev.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On a s4 you can use the SD card as Internal memory but its not recommend as it could cause OS to freeze up, glitches and doesn't have fast enough write speeds to use internaly. Use it as portable for pictures, video, documents.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On a s4 you can use the SD card as Internal memory but its not recommend as it could cause OS to freeze up, glitches and doesn't have fast enough write speeds to use internaly. Use it as portable for pictures, video, documents.

Wait, the Tab S4 supports Adoptable Storage? I thought Samsung stayed away from that.

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
ok, thanks for you input guys.
I have a lot of PDF docs I use and annotate, so they will have to say on the internal drive.
Kev.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ok, thanks for you input guys.
I have a lot of PDF docs I use and annotate, so they will have to say on the internal drive.
Kev.
Depending on which app you're using, it may allow you to edit and save to the SD card without formatting as internal.