Micro USB differences

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I ordered a Motorolla Car charger for my N4, this one to be exact Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

When I looked at the new car charger I just bought, I noticed the USB plug was different than the USB on the charger that came with my N4. . . Will this affect the outlet? I don't want my USB outlet on my N4 to become loose or broken like it did on my Thunderbolt.

Here is a pic. N4 charger on the left. Motorolla charger on the right.

IMG_20130108_200924.jpg

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They are the same but one might deliver less power than the other. Use the nexus 4 because its better but u can use the other one

Sent from my Nexus 4

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP is asking about the physical fit and not the electrical properties.

Pay attention to the fit of both of them and see if one goes in tight or loose. If they both fit the same then you will not have a problem but if it is a little harder to get the Motorola one in then you theoretically damage the fit of the receptacle on the phone. IMO it would have to be a very tight fit to cause a problem.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They are both micro USB's so they are the exact same size and everything. welle xcept the inside thing. Probably can't use the Nexus 4 with the motorola but you can use the motorola cable with the Nexus 4 probably.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
All the USB are not the same size. I have found there are some that will wiggle in a socket and some will stick out and not go all the way in as the metal tip is longer than normal. These all seem to look the same until you insert them or look very close and measure them then they can be 1 to 2 mm different.