MicroSD Card Crashes

raindrop94

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Note 2 on Verizon for about three weeks now. I have a PNY 32gb Class 10 card in it. I origanally got this card for Samsung G S2 Skyrocket and it crashed all the time. I had hoped it was a phone issue but today it crashed for the first time on Note 2. Thankfully I only keep music on the card but still it's a pain in the butt. The ONLY thing I did today was do a restart myself and when it came back I got a message that said my card was damaged and needed to formatted.

Is there any fix for this?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Note 2 on Verizon for about three weeks now. I have a PNY 32gb Class 10 card in it. I origanally got this card for Samsung G S2 Skyrocket and it crashed all the time. I had hoped it was a phone issue but today it crashed for the first time on Note 2. Thankfully I only keep music on the card but still it's a pain in the butt. The ONLY thing I did today was do a restart myself and when it came back I got a message that said my card was damaged and needed to formatted.

Is there any fix for this?

Have you tried reformatting it? There may be a file on it causing issues. If you select show hidden files in folder view you may notice a couple of folders that typically get added when an SD card is mounted on a pc and a media applications is running.

raindrop94

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I will take a look. Since I have a lot of music and audio books, I usually use a USB adapter and plug the card directly into my PC when copying files. I will check and remove anything that I didn't put there.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You should always format your sd card when getting a new phone. Tech had changed so fast that the same brand of phone from 2 years ago might use a different format. And diff brands do too. I noticed this switching from my fascinate to the razr. Had to format cuz moto uses a different setup

sent from Galaxy Note 2

raindrop94

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I used the phone itself to reformat the card this time. And after copying everything back on I looked for any hidden files and removed them. So it's back up and running. We will see how long this lasts.

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i have 2 16gb cards and my 1st one did this as well.the card came from my droidx and had data on it already i had added a movie the day it when corrupt but the movie played fine and i even scanned the movie on my pc for viruses etc.after checking here i just formatted the 2nd 16gb card and its been working fine. i put the bad card back in my dx and it sees it but its asking me to format it so im guessing moto and sammy are different when it comes to sd writing/reading

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I know my samsung likes exfat
I know if I put that card in my htc rezound, its screwed and needs to be formated.
I belive it hast to do with file allocation compatability.

Sent from my SGH-T889