MicroUSB keychain charger?

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never owned a smartphone before, but I am aware of the temperamental battery lives on these things.

Has anyone ever used something like this?

flipSYNC - Keychain Charge and Sync Cable for Micro & Mini USB Devices

I feel like having the charger at home, one for my car and then something like this would cover me. I could buy a charger for the office, but then I'd be helpless if I go somewhere else and I run out of power. This at least looks portable and helpful. Is it safe?

Reactions: Shygar

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
While I know its probably not SUPER practical (short cable, 3rd party charger...) it would provide me with some safety in those emergency situations.

While I'd ideally like it if it were able to charge via an electrical outlet, at least it gives me a USB port to charge.

I found some miniUSB keychain chargers that connect to a wall outlet, but none for microUSB.

ufmace

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Cool gadget, but I wouldn't worry that much about the battery life. It varies widely, mostly based on how you use it. If you mostly leave it alone, just making the occasional short call and a few texts, you'll probably make it through the day with plenty of battery life to spare. If you're constantly surfing the web, playing video games, playing music, maybe all at the same time, then you might see the battery dying halfway through the day.

Then again, nobody's really sure yet how the 4G LTE will affect real-world battery life, so who knows. Worst case, you can turn it off when you aren't using it.

Also most of these phones use standard mini/micro USB ports, so if you have any other gadgets like cameras, MP3 players, GPSes, etc you might already have another cable.