Minor Annoyance - Keyboard image in notification bar

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, since ICS there is a keyboard in my notification bar. I pull the bar down and hit the notification and it say select input method. I already did that - it's Swype. So I back out of that and the notification goes away for a few hours, them comes back. It also keeps coming back if I simply clear it. What the heck?

nsharper

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a feature of ICS. That icon should be there anytime the keyboard is being used. It's the new shortcut to input method, rather than long pressing the text box.
It shouldn't be there all the time though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a feature of ICS. That icon should be there anytime the keyboard is being used. It's the new shortcut to input method, rather than long pressing the text box.
It shouldn't be there all the time though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

OK, that's neat. I see that when I open an app with a text field that the notifier appears. But sometimes it's doesn't go away when I exit the app.

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I did not see the usefulness at first, but am glad its there. The reason is that I use slide it keyboard, but often times want to switch to google voice typing. The icon allows me to switch to google voice typing easily whenever dictating a long email or text message, but leave slide it as my default keyboard at all other times. Great feature

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech