Missing calls on second turbo.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My replacement turbo started today doing the same thing my first one was replaced for. I don't get a ring or a missed call in the call log, the only way I know I had a call is of they left a voicemail. This has happened randomly for months and vzw says its a device problem and replaces my device. The kicker is I can't take a cheaper device or change phones until I pay of the balance of my phone on the edge plan. Lucky me I guess. I'll just keep paying my bill in full and wonder if I'm getting a call or not. That's service with a smile.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My replacement turbo started today doing the same thing my first one was replaced for. I don't get a ring or a missed call in the call log, the only way I know I had a call is of they left a voicemail. This has happened randomly for months and vzw says its a device problem and replaces my device. The kicker is I can't take a cheaper device or change phones until I pay of the balance of my phone on the edge plan. Lucky me I guess. I'll just keep paying my bill in full and wonder if I'm getting a call or not. That's service with a smile.

Here is a guess: you have an app that you've installed that is somehow taking up so much processor that when a phone call is received the phone is too busy to actually ring the phone. One thought is to look at your settings / battery and see if you have an app that is high on the list that might be doing that.

Another idea, especially if you just took the SIM card out of your old Turbo and put it in the replacement: it is a bad SIM card that is not holding a connection to Verizon reliably. If the new Turbo came with its own SIM that you activated, never mind that one.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It's still using the original sim card but the replacement due here tomorrow will have a new sim with it. This is not a fix for this problem. If you look at the forums on vzw website this problem is pretty common. It's on the moto side and not Verizon's fault. The only way this is a fix for me is if I get the lucky device that has no bugs and works right.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with your phone or your original one . Hold down one of your volume buttons make sure all is selected. Also check your settings under Sounds and Notifications (notifications).

Attachments

• 2015-11-21 01.19.25.jpg
    2015-11-21 01.19.25.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 29

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I've had this phone for almost a year and I know how to set the volumes. The phone itself would still show the call as missed and have it listed in the call log if that was the problem.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you by chance have Advanced Calling turned on? That being active had caused the missed call problem for many. Turn it off and you should get your calls again.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Nope, not advanced calling either. Thanks for trying. I quit using that in August with the first device.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not advanced calling either. Thanks for trying. I quit using that in August with the first device.

This is a known bug with the Turbo. Some folks have it, some don't. When I was using the Turbo, I did have it, on occasion, and a clear system cache and reboot would make the problem go away for a few months.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So far so good on my third device. This one had some setup problems and a few app bugs but after a factory reset it seems to be running great. Time will tell.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Still going strong. The only thing that scares me is that unless the caller leaves a voicemail, I don't know that I'm missing calls. I really like this phone but I don't trust it. Fool me once kind of thing. I'm really thinking of paying out of this phone and getting my wife a new iPhone so I can take hers over. At least it rings.

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue where I wasn't getting calls (nothing in the call log and the only way to tell was the voicemail), but it was intermittent, so I just chocked it up to smart technology not being so smart. Then I missed a few really important calls. I'm still peeved about missing a call from a possible employer. That's when I went to get my SIM card replaced. That was a few months ago. So far, the issue has not repeated. I've also cleared my cache as needed. It seems like it was the SIM in my phone that was the issue. But like you mentioned in another of your posts, only time will tell.

I'd say have some of your friends do some test calls to see if they go straight to voicemail or if it rings. When the issue first started I asked my friends who were leaving voicemails if the phone rang on their end or if it sent them directly to voicemail. It was mixed. Some were getting rings, others going directly to voicemail. I couldn't nail down anything solid to explain the issue. I'd say now that you have your new phone to have your friends do some test calls to see if they get through each time.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a new sim in the drawer that I can try. I guess I'll have to call them to set it to my phone number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord